Hotel Shuttle MIA to hotel and to port

april_4_us

I have searched the forums and found that much of the information seems pre covid. Are there Hotels that provide a shuttle from MIA to their hotel and then to the port of MIA?

I am looking for a pre-cruise stay, I haven't gone out of Port of Miami since before covid. Not sure how much has changed. 

Thanks in advance.

April

There are some hotels that offer p/u at airport to hotel. Best to search individual properties for this or perhaps call them. But, fewer would offer a ride to the port. Suggest focus be on the quality of the hotel, price, location, etc. … the website TripAdvisor can be useful. 

• Like 1

Pre-Covid the three properties offering both airport and port shuttles that were most often suggested on this board were:

1. La Quinta East

2. Embassy Suites MIA

3. Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon (best of the three IMHO)

I would contact each of these and ask if they still offer both airport and port shuttles.  Or, as suggested above, find a hotel that meets your budget/needs and pay for transport to the port (about $30 by taxi from airport hotels - Uber/Lyft should be closer to $20).  You can use public transport to get to some downtown hotels and then your cab/Uber to the port will be about half the fare from the airport area.

Good luck and have a great cruise! 😎

• Like 2

Thank you after some research I have read Embassy Suites has gone down hill as well at the courtyard and Holiday inn near Biscayne bay. Looks like Hampton INN has recently been renovated, I may try them. Intercontinental is beyond my price point. Just looking for a clean nice place to stay. I can work around the transportation. we are travelling dec 9-10th pre cruise.

Thanks in advance for all the help.

april

I've searched and couldn't find any. There are some hotels that outsource the shuttle to the port.

We decided to stay at Holiday Inn Miami Airport. They have free airport shuttle. We'll take a Lyft to the port on cruise day. 

• Like 1

There is no reason to be looking for shuttles. The city is rather small geographically. Stay in Downtown Miami or Brickell and have an easy Uber/Lyft drive the next morning. Worrying about shuttles will limit your search way too much. 

Hampton Inn Brickell is very popular choice. 

• Like 2