How is the bidding system doing? Any comments?

Bwana Tom

Good morning:  yesterday we got the email that our bid was accepted to move from a balcony to a mini suite. We had put in two different bids for two different types of rooms.  The higher category is what was accepted.  It's a ten-day cruise and the accepted bid was for $150 pp for the entire cruise.  The cruise is 62 days away, so I was surprised to hear this early.  This was our first experience on bidding.  The room originally booked was for a guarantee balcony room.  Hope this helps.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

Our bid to move from a mini suite to a vista suite was just accepted yesterday for a cruise starting on 10/19. Our bid was at the lower end of “fair” on the bid meter. We also put a bid in to move from our mini to a Club Class Mini. That bid minimum on the scale. We had heard the cruise was pretty full, so we weren’t expecting much. It was a pleasant surprise to have our bid accepted. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, Grandma Rambo said:

Good morning:  yesterday we got the email that our bid was accepted to move from a balcony to a mini suite. We had put in two different bids for two different types of rooms.  The higher category is what was accepted.  It's a ten-day cruise and the accepted bid was for $150 pp for the entire cruise.  The cruise is 62 days away, so I was surprised to hear this early.  This was our first experience on bidding.  The room originally booked was for a guarantee balcony room.  Hope this helps.

You hit the jackpot! Especially that far out and for such a low bid!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 1cruiselvr said:

You'll get an email in a few days offering you the opportunity to bid on an upgrade. Mine came a few days after the opportunity was supposed to be open but I got that message when I tried. 

Wait for the email. Then you'll know your cruise is open. 

Thanks, I will try to be patient then.  🙂 There are a lot of rooms available so I am hoping I get the email soon.

• Like 1

I am VERY happy with the upgrade process. I am a solo cruiser who reserved a guaranteed inside cabin for a 7-day CA coast cruise just to see where I was assigned. Within a few weeks my cabin was assigned and it was a deluxe obstructed balcony...great! Stoked about it so pushed my luck and submitted a minimum bid for a mini-suite...which was accepted. Granted, the location might put many others off, but I am super happy about it.

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, cheetosrevil said:

I am VERY happy with the upgrade process. I am a solo cruiser who reserved a guaranteed inside cabin for a 7-day CA coast cruise just to see where I was assigned. Within a few weeks my cabin was assigned and it was a deluxe obstructed balcony...great! Stoked about it so pushed my luck and submitted a minimum bid for a mini-suite...which was accepted. Granted, the location might put many others off, but I am super happy about it.

By the by...my cruise departs 11/4 so only a few weeks away for those wondering about the timeline.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cheetosrevil said:

By the by...my cruise departs 11/4 so only a few weeks away for those wondering about the timeline.

Congrats on your upgrade!!!  You're a winner!!!

I am three days away from embarkation...still no email. I'm not getting my hopes up.

• Like 3

I received this email in the middle of the night (here in Australia):

Your Princess® vacation is only a few days away!

We've recently improved our OceanReady® process. Green Lane means you've completed your travel checklist and had your Medallion® wearable device delivered to your home. Blue Lane means you might have some required items left to complete in your travel checklist, or you'll be picking up your Medallion wearable device at the port. Please check the home screen of your Princess MedallionClass® app for your lane assignment.

As always, our Accessibility Lane will be available for guests with mobility limitations or other accessibility needs. This is a dedicated lane for streamlined support and will be marked by signage.

Now you no longer need to select an arrival group - Please refer to your OceanReady® Pass on your mobile device to see what time check-in will open and close.

FYI.....the app says my check-in is between 1PM-3PM. I never check in that late.  Sure hoping I can drop off my luggage at the port earlier than that.

Another interesting thing is that after the voyage disappeared from the app just a day ago and then it reappeared, it went from specifying the deck and the cabin reflecting the reserved deck and cabin. Now, both the deck and the cabin say "pending". Someone has said that's because of the pending upgrade bid. But the status changed on the app from pending...then to the specific deck and cabin of the original reservation...and now it's back to pending status again. Who knows.......Lady Luck smile on me!!!

• Like 2

3 days out and our mini-suite bid came back with a "counteroffer" for less money, but less of an upgrade -- from balcony to deluxe balcony.  First time that's happened.  Unfortunately, it's not worth the money when we have no idea where we'd end up.

Hard to complain, though, as we've been upgraded for free on 3 of the last 4 cruises we've been on.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Incognito1 said:

3 days out and our mini-suite bid came back with a "counteroffer" for less money, but less of an upgrade -- from balcony to deluxe balcony.  First time that's happened.  Unfortunately, it's not worth the money when we have no idea where we'd end up.

Hard to complain, though, as we've been upgraded for free on 3 of the last 4 cruises we've been on.

Smart decisions. It's the difference of a loveseat in the room and maybe a few extra inches of the balcony.  

I'm 30-hours away from dropping off my luggage and getting to Alfredo's for lunch!!!!  Still no email.....time to get packing!!!

• Like 2

Hang in there HiCCCs, we were about 20 hours from our start and our  upgrade came through. We were very surprised. We’re sitting in our room now getting ready to go to Crown Grill for first night “no cover charge” dinner. 😀

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, exgman said:

Hang in there HiCCCs, we were about 20 hours from our start and our  upgrade came through. We were very surprised. We’re sitting in our room now getting ready to go to Crown Grill for first night “no cover charge” dinner. 😀

So your cabin was upgraded AND that included a "no cover charge" dinner? Do tell.

Edited by cheetosrevil
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Incognito1 said:

Edit: Just got the notice that the mini-suite bid was accepted.  $5 over the minimum.  However, it's a handicap room.  But it's in the middle of the ship with a larger room and larger balcony than most mini-suites.  Only bummer is no bathtub.  We were in the lowest balcony class near the front of the ship, so pretty happy even sans tub.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, cheetosrevil said:

So your cabin was upgraded AND that included a "no cover charge" dinner? Do tell.

2 hours ago, cheetosrevil said:

Apparantly, suites get a free Crown or Sabbatinis dinner on embarkation day. They called us when we were in our room and we set it up. It was excellent. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, exgman said:

Apparantly, suites get a free Crown or Sabbatinis dinner on embarkation day. They called us when we were in our room and we set it up. It was excellent. 

Mini-suites no. Other suites yes. Congrats though!

Edited by cheetosrevil
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My friend and I are on the Sky Princess in January in a Mini-Suite.  I just received the email a little while ago offering us several upgrade opportunities.  Not really interested in spending the money to get into a full suite, but we are tempted to bid for a Club Class mini-suite.  I was in a CC Mini-suite on the Regal a few years ago and it was very nice to have the CC dining.  

We are getting together tomorrow and will discuss it.  I guess I have some concerns about the location, but I don’t think any of those CC minis are in a bad location.  I currently have a mini-suite with an extended balcony.  

Edited by antmaril
  • Like 1

Received my email this AM that segment 1 (today is sail away out of Sydney) of this B2B did not win an upgrade.  I thought about canceling my bid for segment 2 but I’ve decided to let it roll. Not expecting that to win either, but who knows. All that matters is, I’m going on a cruise!!! Toot-toot!!!

• Like 4

On 10/17/2023 at 4:33 AM, Grandma Rambo said:

You SCORED!  👍

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HiCCCs said:

Received my email this AM that segment 1 (today is sail away out of Sydney) of this B2B did not win an upgrade.  I thought about canceling my bid for segment 2 but I’ve decided to let it roll. Not expecting that to win either, but who knows. All that matters is, I’m going on a cruise!!! Toot-toot!!!

Enjoy your B2B!  🥳

• Thanks 1

I didn't do a bid yet but I did put a request for a wait list for a club class mini suite on our 7-day cruise next month. We are in a forward mini suite now so club class is the next step up. The waitlist confirmed and they want an extra $4,100 for it. That's crazy! Now I'm wondering if I bid, where should I bid on the scale since this category of cabins seems ultra expensive?

• Like 1