When can I check in online???

mommyz

Getting some conflicting answers on when we can complete online check in.  Just spoke to TA and she said 90 days prior to sail, on Celebrity website (FAQ's) it states 90 days prior but on the app it shows what looks like 45 days prior.  This is the first family Celebrity cruise and on other cruise lines I was able to at least put in passport info, emergency contact info...soon after booking.  BTW not that 45 days prior isn't sufficient time just wanted to make sure I had the dates right.  

Also at check in I am assuming I will be able to choose arrival time at the port?  I like to get on the ship early before it's super crowded and check everything out.

Sailing on Silhouette from Miami!

Thanks 🙂

8 minutes ago, mommyz said:

Getting some conflicting answers on when we can complete online check in.  Just spoke to TA and she said 90 days prior to sail, on Celebrity website (FAQ's) it states 90 days prior but on the app it shows what looks like 45 days prior.  This is the first family Celebrity cruise and on other cruise lines I was able to at least put in passport info, emergency contact info...soon after booking.  BTW not that 45 days prior isn't sufficient time just wanted to make sure I had the dates right.  

Also at check in I am assuming I will be able to choose arrival time at the port?  I like to get on the ship early before it's super crowded and check everything out.

Sailing on Silhouette from Miami!

Thanks 🙂

45 days prior to the sail date. That's when you select your check in time for the terminal process. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

It was 90 days last year for a cruise I went on when many other cruises were closer to the sail date.  

My upcoming sailing, it seems to be holding at 45 days since that is closely approaching.   I still check daily, just in case.  😉

Have you looked in the App?  The check-in date showed up prior to Final Payment.   The little 'person type' icon on the top right.  Click that and scroll down, if it shows, the date will be posted there. 

🍹

Thank for all for the clarification.  App says 45 days.  I guess before it must have been 90 days but Covid changed all that.  Would have been nice to enter all the passport info beforehand and get it over with.

I shall wait until first week of November 😝 

• Like 1

Same for us on the Oct. 22 cruise.  We did not receive an email either.  Much quicker check in process on the app than previously.  Quick photo of passport ( rather than having to type in all the info), photo, answer a few health questions, etc and select a time.  Took about five minutes.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, vickykay said:

Same for us on the Oct. 22 cruise.  We did not receive an email either.  Much quicker check in process on the app than previously.  Quick photo of passport ( rather than having to type in all the info), photo, answer a few health questions, etc and select a time.  Took about five minutes.

Oh taking a pic of the passport is SO easy.  Haven't seen that yet in the other cruises we have taken in the past.  Looking forward to a quick check in process.