B2B on Apex in January and new to Celebrity

MamaToMany

I’ll be sailing solo and have never done a B2B before. I feel pretty good about the logistics of the actual B2B piece, I think.

I’m planning to hop off the ship with a carryon full of laundry on turnaround day, as I have no laundry perks on Celebrity. I’m guessing I’ll need to Uber to a laundromat near port. Hoping there’s one close to Port Everglades. 

Can anyone speak to the entertainment/enrichment offered onboard during the day? I love to read and will come loaded with books, but with no ship library I am worried I’ll run out of reading material. (Hoping hubby will get me a kindle for Christmas) While I don’t fear boredom, I’d love to know what I can plan on during the day. Is it comparable to Royal Caribbean or NCL, or should I expect something completely different? 

Also, are folks pretty friendly to solo cruisers? I love to chat!

Thanks in advance! 

BY the time you pay an Uber to a laundromat, pay the washer, etc. fees, and UBER back, you might just break even sending it out on the ship.  As far as a Kindle goes, I love mine, but when I am home, I am reading my books through the Kindle app on my iPad.  Especially those that have pictures or charts, because the screen is larger.  I could do it on my phone, too, but the screen is much too small.  So, if you have a tablet, you don’t need to buy a Kindle.  EM

• 1 month later...

There was many activities, so I didn’t  read half of what I brought, but there are tons of quiet areas to read. Eden, Rooftop Garden, Solarium, Magic Carpet, Il Bacio just to name a few.

As for laundry, the sinks are large enough to do some laundry and housekeeping runs specials for other items not self washable.

Solo travelers have special meet & greets, but you’ll have no trouble meeting people at the various onboard events.