Anyone currently (or recently) on Solstice? Wondering how she’s holding up…

Georgia_Peaches

19 minutes ago, sbcs5390 said:

Thanks. I’m just next door so will keep my fingers crossed that suite is in better shape.

Was your butler good as well? Was there a coffee machine in the suite?

Our Butler, Glenn, was okay.  We didn't ask much of him, but what we did ask he did well.  However, he did nothing much proactive, either.  For example, champaign icer was removed after first day and our bottle of champaign just left standing on counter (he could have offered to re-chill the bottle on another night or see if we preferred to exchange for a bottle of wine.  Never offered to serve us dinner from a specialty restaurant in the suite.  Never asked if we wanted a coffee machine (or kettle) in the suite.  Small things, yes, and we certainly could have asked for these things, I'm sure, but in my experiences on Azamara and Regent our butlers were always much more proactive in finding ways to assist us.

OTOH, our room attendant, Jay, was top-notch in every way.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, sbcs5390 said:

Thanks. I’m just next door so will keep my fingers crossed that suite is in better shape.

Was your butler good as well? Was there a coffee machine in the suite?

We are also in 1116 (your suite) in March.  Will be interested in your feedback on the state of the suite when you travel.  Hopefully the suite issues with 1118 are contained...although I hate it for @postnobills  The last time we sailed in suite 1116 on Silhouette I found the room to be quite hot at night.  They brought in a fan for me which helped some.  I'm hoping that was an isolated incident as well.

• Like 1

When we spent two weeks on the Solstice in June we also had Glenn as our butler for both legs (we were in the same suite).  Our experience with him was different from what @postnobills experienced.  We thought he provided excellent care, but we were also proactive in our requests and expectations.