Regatta - Sept. 9 cruise - change of itinerary

lj77346

Due to Hurricane Kay approaching Ensenada, the itinerary for the Sept. 9 Regatta cruise has changed quite a bit.

Rather than heading for Ensenada on Friday evening the ship is spending the night at the pier in San Pedro until 6 p.m. Saturday when it heads to San Francisco. The stops at San Francisco and Eureka are unchanged. However, after leaving Eureka, the stop in Santa Barbara will be skipped as the ship will sail to Ensenada where it will make a “technical stop” from 5 to 7 p.m. to meet its foreign port requirement.

I’m happy to be on the ship, but essentially this is now an 8 day cruise with 2 ports.

2 hours ago, lj77346 said:

Due to Hurricane Kay approaching Ensenada, the itinerary for the Sept. 9 Regatta cruise has changed quite a bit.

Rather than heading for Ensenada on Friday evening the ship is spending the night at the pier in San Pedro until 6 p.m. Saturday when it heads to San Francisco. The stops at San Francisco and Eureka are unchanged. However, after leaving Eureka, the stop in Santa Barbara will be skipped as the ship will sail to Ensenada where it will make a “technical stop” from 5 to 7 p.m. to meet its foreign port requirement.

I’m happy to be on the ship, but essentially this is now an 8 day cruise with 2 ports.

New “poster child” for “cruise to nowhere.”

We are on this cruise and have been for the past two weeks when we joined in Vancouver. There embarkation was delayed by 6 hours due to tug boats strike. Consequently we had to miss Ketchikan, then we could not sail into the Hubbard glacier because of bad weather. So over 3 weeks we will have missed 4 ports.

Earlier this year we were coming off Seaborne and the itinerary ahead of us had to change because of bad weather. Everyone got a full refund and a free cruise! 

I am not doubting this is what you were told but I was not aware that seabourne gave an entire ship a full refund and a free cruise for an itinerary change.  I cannot find anything in these forums or on Google and I would think people would have at least mentioned it here.  That would seem to be unprecedented. Can anyone else confirm this? 

We didn’t leave port until 9 pm last night. We were supposed to sail at 6.  Captain came on the intercom around 7 and announced they were having problems with the propulsion plant. A little later he announced it was fixed. We’re going somewhere now, SF I think. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Woofa said:

I am not doubting this is what you were told but I was not aware that seabourne gave an entire ship a full refund and a free cruise for an itinerary change.  I cannot find anything in these forums or on Google and I would think people would have at least mentioned it here.  That would seem to be unprecedented. Can anyone else confirm this? 

It could be  that UK rules apply to the poster 

35 minutes ago, ORV said:

We didn’t leave port until 9 pm last night. We were supposed to sail at 6.  Captain came on the intercom around 7 and announced they were having problems with the propulsion plant. A little later he announced it was fixed. We’re going somewhere now, SF I think. 

Enjoy  the  mystery cruise 

14 hours ago, Woofa said:

What I meant was that they got a full refund so therefore they had a free cruise, even though the itinerary was not the one they booked. Apologies if I was misunderstood.

5 hours ago, Juno1956 said:

What I meant was that they got a full refund so therefore they had a free cruise, even though the itinerary was not the one they booked. Apologies if I was misunderstood.

No problem at all.