Wine Tasting / Wine Dinner Sign Ups on Edge

winefoodandsong

I'm traveling on the Edge on November 11.  I am interested in looking at a Riedel wine tasting, a premium wine tasting and a Veuve Cliquot dinner during my trip.  I can't find any of these events on the Celebrity site for my trip.  I know I read something on some thread recently about where I go to sign up for these kinds of things but I can't find that now.  Can anyone help me?  TIA

First night, after dinner, your sommelier should come around and try to sign you up for the wine tastings. They have not been having the Riedel tasting on every cruise. You will need to ask about the VC dinner. If you are in the MDR and it looks like they are short on wine stewards, you might want to volunteer that you are interested in the special events - they’ve been pretty short handed, at least in May.

If you order from your sommelier onboard s/he gets credit for the sale and will be instantly more attentive. We usually buy from our dining room sommelier, the only exception being on Edge class MDR where we would spread our orders a bit since we visit all 4 MDRs.

Theres lots of availability for the regular wine tastings, they don’t fill up. The VC dinner is the one you will need to get your name on, they only do it if there’s enough interest and it’s first come, first served.