College Football Games on the Joy

The 4 of Us

Has anyone noticed if any of the bars on the Joy show any of the college football games on Saturdays?  I know they include the Sunday NFL Football games in the Freestyle with locations the games are shown but wasn't sure if they would also play the college games (at least the nationally televised game).  If not in the bars, would we be able to watch the games on our stateroom TV's?  Does anyone know what sports channels are available on the Joy (Canada itinerary)?

There is a college football fan in our group and Saturday is a sea day and they are hoping to watch their alma mater's game.

Thanks!

1 hour ago, SpacemanSpiff said:

That's blasphemy! 😆

When The Local had hundreds of Americans on a sailing out of Miami wanting to see it (It was the first bowl game of the championship now that I think of it) and they're playing a soccer game on TV that was clearly not live given it was 3am in Europe, it just goes to show they're a little out of touch with what people want and they could pretty easily offer.

25 minutes ago, dolfan1980 said:

When The Local had hundreds of Americans on a sailing out of Miami wanting to see it (It was the first bowl game of the championship now that I think of it) and they're playing a soccer game on TV that was clearly not live given it was 3am in Europe, it just goes to show they're a little out of touch with what people want and they could pretty easily offer.

I don't completely disagree with you.  My personal concern this fall is watching baseball playoff games. 

NCL must have considered what you are saying.  Besides whatever cost they may incur to do the broadcasts, I wonder if they don't want a sports bar vibe on a routine basis in any of their bars.  Hooping and hollering to the game is not for everyone especially in open spaces like The Local that compete with loud happenings events in the Atrium.  Maybe if they had a sports bar that was branded as such it could work?   How about offering pay for view in our rooms for key games?