Livorno port shuttle

wongcruise

There is a free port shuttle just to the port exit.

The shuttle most passengers use, goes to the city centre and is free or is charged for, depending on the cruise line and sometimes even how one booked. Sorry do not know about NCL 

When we were on the NCL Epic in Sept 2019, there was a free shuttle from the ship to the port exit.

We were taking the train to Florence so we chose to pay NCL $25 for a shuttle that went directly from the ship to the train station. Pricey for what it was, but a better use of our time.

• Like 1

On 9/14/2022 at 2:45 PM, mapleleaves said:

When we were on the NCL Epic in Sept 2019, there was a free shuttle from the ship to the port exit.

We were taking the train to Florence so we chose to pay NCL $25 for a shuttle that went directly from the ship to the train station. Pricey for what it was, but a better use of our time.

Did you book that $25 shuttle onboard the ship? Thanks!

3 minutes ago, oneteeny said:

Did you book that $25 shuttle onboard the ship? Thanks!

yes, the day before. Charged to our cabin.  IIRC they put a tiny sticker on our cruise card to show the driver.  It was seamless; short walk from the ship to the bus, which loaded within a few minutes and left for the train station.  We were going to Pisa and Florence so saving time was important.  

I hope it's still an option for you. Have a great cruise !

1 hour ago, mapleleaves said:

yes, the day before. Charged to our cabin.  IIRC they put a tiny sticker on our cruise card to show the driver.  It was seamless; short walk from the ship to the bus, which loaded within a few minutes and left for the train station.  We were going to Pisa and Florence so saving time was important.  

I hope it's still an option for you. Have a great cruise !

Brilliant, thank you!  We board on 10/2, so hopefully it all works out.  We plan on taking the train to Pisa and then on to Lucca.  

On 9/17/2022 at 8:11 AM, oneteeny said:

Brilliant, thank you!  We board on 10/2, so hopefully it all works out.  We plan on taking the train to Pisa and then on to Lucca.  

If you don’t mind, can you please post once you’re back home and settled in how this worked out for you. I’m thinking of doing something similar in April and would greatly appreciate hearing your experience!

thanks in advance 

• 10 months later...
21 hours ago, dkcop said:

We are going on a cruise in Sept '23. Is there a free shuttle bus from cruise port to city center. We will be on Princess cruise line & taking a tour into Florence by bus. Any advice?

I will be in Liverno tomorrow 

Let you now what happens with shuttle bus

Important Advisory - Shuttle bus service

During our call in Livorno, Enchanted Princess will be docked in Alto Fondale.

Mandatory local shuttle bus service will be in operation as walking is not allowed on the pier. These port shuttle buses will be running between the terminal and Via Cogorano. The first shuttle will depart after we open the gangway and the last shuttle from the city will leave at 6:00pm. The transfer time is around 15 minutes.

Taxis are also available from the pier.

Via Cogorano is at Piazza del Municipio, this is the drop off point that has been used by cruise ships in Livorno for years.  From here you can find tour buses going to Pisa and Florence as well as other local tours.  The train station, Livorno Centrale, is 2.5 km/1.5 miles away on foot. 

You could also get one of two buses from Via Cogorano to the train station, LAM Blu or LAM Rossa.

LAM Blue:  LAM_BLU.pdf (amazonaws.com)

LAM Rossa:  LAMROSSA.pdf (amazonaws.com)

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

Last month, we were on NCL Epic 12 days from Trieste to Rome. We paid 4euro/pax for port shuttle at Taranto. We paid 7 euro for port shuttle at Livorno.  At Livorno, from stepping out of the ship to arriving in city center took 1 1/2 hours. Only 2 port employees selling shuttle tickets.  Precious time wasted. On disembarkation day in Rome, there was long line for shuttle bus too. 6 euro/pax.  Walking to the train station from Civitavecchia port is too far.  I read somewhere saying the shuttle bus is free. So lots of contradicted information out there.

57 minutes ago, kawan999 said:

On disembarkation day in Rome, there was long line for shuttle bus too. 6 euro/pax.  Walking to the train station from Civitavecchia port is too far.  I read somewhere saying the shuttle bus is free. So lots of contradicted information out there.

Confusing yes, but not necessarily contradictory.  There are two shuttle buses at the Civitavecchia port, the free one that brings you to Largo della Pace, or the 6 euro one that brings you to the train station.

Sad to hear that Livorno is still such a mess. 

• 2 months later...

@gddo

In June 2022 when on a Celebrity cruise the port shuttle from the dock into Livorno was free. We just got off the ship and got a shuttle from the dock just outside the ship to Piazza Municipio in Livorno. To go back to the ship we waited at the same place for a returning shuttle. The Livorno port is an industrial port and there is no pedestrian access.

Edited by PurpleTraveller

• 2 months later...

FULL DAY SHORE EXCURSION TO FLORENCE AND PISA FROM LIVORNO WITH TASTING We will be using Viator company and Need information how to travel via shuttle from cruise ship to our bus to Florence- then to Pisa and a taste. Please help I am kind of confused .Via ClaudioCogorano1 Its telling me to take the shuttle bus to the last stop-where is the last stop and which shuttle bus  do I take? Being we are taking  an excursion away from ship, will we be able to depart the ship early enough  to catch the 9:30 bus-Our ship is the NCL Escape. Thank you for your assist.

On 4/24/2024 at 8:44 AM, happysailing2 said:

FULL DAY SHORE EXCURSION TO FLORENCE AND PISA FROM LIVORNO WITH TASTING We will be using Viator company and Need information how to travel via shuttle from cruise ship to our bus to Florence- then to Pisa and a taste. Please help I am kind of confused .Via ClaudioCogorano1 Its telling me to take the shuttle bus to the last stop-where is the last stop and which shuttle bus  do I take? Being we are taking  an excursion away from ship, will we be able to depart the ship early enough  to catch the 9:30 bus-Our ship is the NCL Escape. Thank you for your assist.

I can’t speak for the vendor that will be subbed out from Viator, but ItalyTours and CBM tours operators ARE allowed into the cruise port area.  Signs and iPads with names, guiding you to your van/bus.  My instructions clearly said DO NOT take the ship’s shuttle. I just got off the Epic Monday.  I believe all the stops had us arriving before the stated time by a little bit.  9:30 was our meeting time as well and we got off about 9:10.  Good luck!