Carnival Photos

Chelle621

I am sure this topic has been brought up before, so if it has please direct me to it....I don't want to bore anyone with another thread 😊

I was wondering about how they are doing the photos now.  I do remember the ship taking photos everywhere and would post on the walls in the photo gallery and if one wanted to purchase, they would just take it to cashier.  I was looking and saw something that had photo packages????  Is this something new?  If so, are they also doing the photos the old way as well.

Thanks in advance

• Like 1

Just now, Chelle621 said:

I am sure this topic has been brought up before, so if it has please direct me to it....I don't want to bore anyone with another thread 😊

I was wondering about how they are doing the photos now.  I do remember the ship taking photos everywhere and would post on the walls in the photo gallery and if one wanted to purchase, they would just take it to cashier.  I was looking and saw something that had photo packages????  Is this something new?  If so, are they also doing the photos the old way as well.

Thanks in advance

They still do things the old way. You can hire a photographer for a "dreams" sitting if you wish and purchase a package - they are heavily pushing those right now. Some ships are digital where instead of photos lining the walkway you just select the ones you want from a tablet. I have not yet sailed on a digital ship so I'm not sure how it works otherwise.

• Like 2

The packages that I've seen (in Fun shops) are 10 8x10's for $x or 20 for $x. Since we typically don't buy many 8x10's I haven't looked too closely at them. One thing we found out in February is that for a certain amount you can have the pictures you purchase put onto a flash drive, and it comes with a release. So next cruise I will definitely be asking about that since it could mean purchasing fewer prints.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, sparks1093 said:

The packages that I've seen (in Fun shops) are 10 8x10's for $x or 20 for $x.

Well, if they're the same price, who wouldn't buy the 20?!😉🤣

(Sorry, couldn't resist.  I'll put myself in timeout now.😔)

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, ShakyBeef said:

Well, if they're the same price, who wouldn't buy the 20?!😉🤣

(Sorry, couldn't resist.  I'll put myself in timeout now.😔)

Absolutely no need, that's the reason I failed algebra, couldn't distinguish between x and y.

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, momoftwinboys09 said:

FYI you have to buy the printed one in order to have the availability to pay for it to be added to the flash drive.  It does come with copyrights as you said yet it's not like you can get them digital and no prints.  Just sharing.  

Yes, I did say that and as far as I know you can't just purchase the digital prints. Unfortunately. Maybe someday it will be an option.

2 hours ago, sparks1093 said:

Yes, I did say that and as far as I know you can't just purchase the digital prints. Unfortunately. Maybe someday it will be an option.

You can buy just the digital photos.  We did this on both Panorama and Horizon.  Purchased through the app and was able to download to my phone.  It was not put on a flash drive, just download to phone.  

We were on the Horizon in March.  All photos were digital.  Every time you had a photo taken, it would show up in your Hub app for you to review.  On the last day, we purchased the photos we wanted in the digital format.  (we just wanted to print what we wanted when we got home)  

Just remember to download from the Hub app to your phone or iPad while you are still on the ship if you order the digital format.  You will no longer have access to Hub app once you leave the cruise.

• Like 1

On 9/16/2022 at 7:55 AM, Colorado Beach Bum said:

You can buy just the digital photos.  We did this on both Panorama and Horizon.  Purchased through the app and was able to download to my phone.  It was not put on a flash drive, just download to phone.  

Good to know that it is an option on some ships.