Walking to Margaritaville from port in Nassau

mrsgthatsme

For those who did the day pass to Margaritaville… did you feel perfectly safe walking from the cruise port to Margaritaville? Was it all well travelled, major, safe feeling roads? About how long did the walk take you? Would love to hear your overall impression of Margaritaville for a day pass option in Nassau and whether you enjoyed it as well. We will be traveling with a 12 and 15 year old. Thanks!

10 hours ago, mrsgthatsme said:

For those who did the day pass to Margaritaville… did you feel perfectly safe walking from the cruise port to Margaritaville? Was it all well travelled, major, safe feeling roads? About how long did the walk take you? Would love to hear your overall impression of Margaritaville for a day pass option in Nassau and whether you enjoyed it as well. We will be traveling with a 12 and 15 year old. Thanks!

We didn’t go to Margaritaville, but we have walked past it to Junkanoo. Took about 15 minutes. Very safe. Exit the port area, take a right, go down to Senor Frogs, followed the road around to the left, take follow to the right and on down around and you are there. 

D25C264B-8C39-4CD1-AFD2-F39BB3C6F304.jpeg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Dthomas1 said:

Off topic here but how far i downtown Nassau from the port?

The port is in downtown Nassau.

The walking tour Megan posted I have done many times. (my favorite is walking out to the Graycliff to get some Cigars at their factory)

Paliament and the Supreme Court are a block or two from the pier.

I highly recommend that walking tour to any newbies to Nassau.

(Queen's Staircase and Fort Fincastle at the bottm right of the map is a great stop)

Edited by bguppies
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, MeganGC1983 said:

We didn’t go to Margaritaville, but we have walked past it to Junkanoo. Took about 15 minutes. Very safe. Exit the port area, take a right, go down to Senor Frogs, followed the road around to the left, take follow to the right and on down around and you are there. 

D25C264B-8C39-4CD1-AFD2-F39BB3C6F304.jpeg

Thanks so much! That is very helpful!

• Like 1

My understanding is that Margeritaville is next to the Brisitsh colonial hotel. When my kids were 6 and 7 we walked from the piert to Brithis colonial. I'm a single mom. It was an easy walk and lots of people especially om the way back. I felt safe. But you know times change. So I too am wondering. I read some tourists got robbed on a very well trafficked tourist area called the Queens stairs.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MoniMommy said:

My understanding is that Margeritaville is next to the Brisitsh colonial hotel. When my kids were 6 and 7 we walked from the piert to Brithis colonial. I'm a single mom. It was an easy walk and lots of people especially om the way back. I felt safe. But you know times change. So I too am wondering. I read some tourists got robbed on a very well trafficked tourist area called the Queens stairs.

Queen's Staircase is way down on the bottom right of that map by Fort Fincastle. 

Many blocks away from Bay Street and Margarittaville.(which is just to the left of Pirates of Nassau and across the street on the beachside)

1 hour ago, bguppies said:

Queen's Staircase is way down on the bottom right of that map by Fort Fincastle. 

Many blocks away from Bay Street and Margarittaville.(which is just to the left of Pirates of Nassau and across the street on the beachside)

Thanks! I didn't mean they were near each other. I was just surprised that it happened at such a well traveled place. So we'll traveled places can stl pose a risk. But I know there is risk in everything.

7 hours ago, MoniMommy said:

Thanks! I didn't mean they were near each other. I was just surprised that it happened at such a well traveled place. So we'll traveled places can stl pose a risk. But I know there is risk in everything.

It gets kind of busy out there, but the Bay St. area would be more like Times Square versus the Queens Staircase being like some random, off the beaten path attraction in NYC. The attraction might have more people, the surrounding sidestreets are definitely less traveled.

Any area in a larger city needs vigilence, especially after trying times for people the last few years.

But the area between the pier and Margarittaville, is probably the safest in Nassau. (but not perfect like anywhere else)

Edited by bguppies
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, bguppies said:

It gets kind of busy out there, but the Bay St. area would be more like Times Square versus the Queens Staircase being like some random, off the beaten path attraction in NYC. The attraction might have more people, the surrounding sidestreets are definitely less traveled.

Any area in a larger city needs vigilence, especially after trying times for people the last few years.

But the area between the pier and Margarittaville, is probably the safest in Nassau. (but not perfect like anywhere else)

Thank you!