Anyone using the Samsung Smart Tag

seapad

I have an older version of Samsung Android phone, so I cannot use Airtag, nor the Smart Tag Plus versions. Thinking of getting a smart tag to track luggage while travelling by plane. Has anyone used the regular version of the Smart Tag? (Not the Smart Tag Plus). If so, what's your experience? Have you find it useful? Has it travelled internationally and where? 

Thank you so much in advance!  

We tried bot the Apple AirTag and the SAmsung Smart tag on our cruise last month.  I have a S22 and my wife has the Apple.  Both did a good job of tracking the suitcases.  We could see them in the port and then also see when they jumped over to the what looked like in the water, but was where our ship was docked.

We liked that we didn't have to walk the halls looking until we knew they were onbaord the ship.

• Like 1

Since I have an Android, I bought some Tile Pros for our Jewel B2B out of Amsterdam. I chose Tile over the Samsung ones as they work with both Apple and Android in case I needed to "find" a suitcase. They claim a range of 400 ft, but as I think they're supposed to work via Bluetooth, but that seems pretty far for Bluetooth. 

Anyway, on my fight out, I successfully detected all 4 suitcases from my seat on the plane, so I knew they were on board (or at least made it to the tarmac).

On the return flight, I could not detect them from my seat, but after getting up and going to the restroom after take off, my phone did end up detecting them. So again, I knew they were on board.

At both airports, they basically didn't give me more than about a 30 second heads up that they would be popping out.

On the ship, I didn't really attempt to use it. Our luggage had appeared between cabin visits. I imagine the best we would have gotten was that it was on our floor/hall.

• Like 1

Recent purchase of AirTags - clearly showed one suitcase on board the ship whilst the other was still at the pier… then after we had sailed,  the 2nd suitcase was shown following us at some distance down the Channel on the ship behind us…..

Caused unnecessary stress. Suitcase 🧳 #2 was on our ship the whole time. 
Don’t think I’ll bother using them again.