Total Confusion on Drink Packages

CJMini

We are looking at first cruise with Celebrity cruises.   In mock booking a cruise, there are two choices in selecting an alcoholic package.  There is the Classic and the Premium.  I’ve looked on Celebrity’s website, Googled and read cruiser’s descriptions.  I am seeing a lot of conflicting information as to what each package includes.

Hubby loves specialty coffees and gin & tonics.  My favorites are Bloody Mary’s, frozen drinks, soda, and Coco Loco’s.  And we enjoy a glass of wine at dinner.

The options of what name brand liquor in the Classic package are fine with us.  The difficulty I’m finding is which package includes the specialty coffees?  

Cruise Critic’s members are a valuable source of information … so, please help with this dilemma.

Thank you in advance,  CJ

Specialty coffees in both...go to the bottom of link...

https://www.celebritycruises.com/things-to-do-onboard/onboard-packages/beverage-packages/compare-packages

ETA: Do note that the addition of alcohol to a coffee may incur an extra charge that may exceed the $9 or $15 limit on a package and you will pay the difference... 

Edited by dlh015

11 minutes ago, CJMini said:

We are looking at first cruise with Celebrity cruises.   In mock booking a cruise, there are two choices in selecting an alcoholic package.  There is the Classic and the Premium.  I’ve looked on Celebrity’s website, Googled and read cruiser’s descriptions.  I am seeing a lot of conflicting information as to what each package includes.

Hubby loves specialty coffees and gin & tonics.  My favorites are Bloody Mary’s, frozen drinks, soda, and Coco Loco’s.  And we enjoy a glass of wine at dinner.

The options of what name brand liquor in the Classic package are fine with us.  The difficulty I’m finding is which package includes the specialty coffees?  

Cruise Critic’s members are a valuable source of information … so, please help with this dilemma.

Thank you in advance,  CJ

We just completed our first Celebrity cruise and had the Classic package.

How do you define "specialty coffees"? Both packages provide "premium coffees" and during our trip, our package included everything I wanted, from Americanos to lattes and cappuccinos, etc.

Like us, it sounds like you're not focused on brand names so Classic might prove perfect. On one or two occasions, we ordered something above "our level" that only resulted in a $1 or $2 charge for the drink.

Hope this helps,

cjr

• Like 2

CNSfromHI -

Thank you for your response.  So sorry about using the term “specialty coffees”.  I should have been more specific.  I was referring to lattes, espresso, Frappuccino, etc.

Also, thanks for the heads up about if ordering a higher price drink you just pay the difference.

Definitely think the Classic package will suit all our needs.

Thanks again, CJ

• Like 1

On 9/16/2022 at 5:42 PM, CJMini said:

CNSfromHI -

Thank you for your response.  So sorry about using the term “specialty coffees”.  I should have been more specific.  I was referring to lattes, espresso, Frappuccino, etc.

Also, thanks for the heads up about if ordering a higher price drink you just pay the difference.

Definitely think the Classic package will suit all our needs.

Thanks again, CJ

No need to apologize, @CJMini ! I wasn't sure what "specialty coffees" meant and wondered if we missed something on our cruise 😃

Based on our experience, if you book the Classic package, then you should check out pre-cruise what that package includes by name if you're concerned about being charged additional fees. Onboard, it's not obvious -- you don't order at a bar from separate coolers or something -- and it seemed during our first few days that some servers would tell you "There's an additional $X for this" while some did not.

As I posted somewhere else on here, by the end of the first week, after finding a spot or two where we enjoyed hanging out and had connected with a few servers, the package differences didn't seem to matter much. Baileys Irish Cream, which my bride enjoys, wasn't included but on one particular night, she ordered a few (doubles!), for which the bartender didn't up charge us. In fact, afterward, he frequently suggested it to her as a nightcap during the last week.

Anyway, thanks again and I hope your upcoming cruise is awesome!

cjr

On 9/16/2022 at 4:11 PM, dlh015 said:

Looking at your link, and see this at the bottom:

Disclaimer: Includes drinks up to $9. Does not include smoothies. Wines by the bottle are discounted by 15%.

Does this mean the classic drink package does NOT include non alcoholic frozen drinks like you would get by the pool?

8 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

Disclaimer: Includes drinks up to $9. Does not include smoothies. Wines by the bottle are discounted by 15%.

Does this mean the classic drink package does NOT include non alcoholic frozen drinks like you would get by the pool?

Gosh, I honestly don't know.  But I thought someone posted here or another thread that they were included...maybe they'll comment here...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dlh015 said:

Gosh, I honestly don't know.  But I thought someone posted here or another thread that they were included...maybe they'll comment here...

Thank you.  I did read in a thread somewhere that any drink up to $9 and I think any non alcoholic frozen drink would be under $9, was included, but will have to look for that I guess to confirm.  We really don't drink alcohol, but the package was included in our fare (this was before they offered separate fares recently), but given the choice I would prefer the "premium" non alcoholic package to the "classic" alcohol package.  I would like to think that everything in the non alcoholic premium package for $25/day would be included in the classic alcohol package at $69/day,  but not sure if it works that way or not.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kywildcatfanone said:

These are not considered smoothies.... as such, they are included.

Cheers and bon voyage

• Like 1