which side of the ship is good for East Carrib

Wouldn't worry about sides, the ship can tie up at the pier from either side, and they change from port to starboard occasionally. Also most sailing is at night and far enough out to sea that you won't see much of any island you pass.

Hypo

I haven't been on the Mariner of the Seas but when I made my reservation on that ship for the eastern Caribbean route the TA checked with the RCL agent on the phone and the agent indicated that the port (left) side of the ship would be the side adjacent to the dock for most (all?) of the ports to be visited. Take that for its worth...

Mark

You can't really tell which side will be better because sometimes the ship backs into a dock and faces the other way. They seem to do this in Nassau, for example. Also in Nassau several other ships come in and they are all docked in a row, side by side. Unless you are in the row closest to the city or in the last row, you will be looking at another ship. So you don't really know for sure if a port side cabin or a starboard cabin will be the best view of the port in every situation.

When you pull into San Juan, Puerto Rico, the ship goes into the harbor and the magnificent fort is on your port side. But if I recall, when we actually left the ship, we left on the starboard side. NO saying if this will be true on your cruise.

But anyway, you can always go up on the top decks or sit in the Windjammer or one of the lounges and look out at the scenery.

You can't really tell because sometimes the ship backs into a dock and faces the other way. They seem to do this in Nassau, for example. Also in Nassau several other ships come in and they are all parked in a row. Unless you are in the row closest to the city or in the last row, you will be looking at another ship. So you don't really know for sure if a port side cabin or a starboard cabin will be the best view of the port in every situation.

But anyway, you can always go up on the top decks or sit in the Windjammer or one of the lounges and look out at the scenery.

I agree. I've been to St. Thomas twice, and docked both forward and backward at the same dock.

Archived