We're staying at the Novatel Miami Brickell

CineGraphic

Novotel Miami is part of a  hotel brand, owed by Accor in France. Accor group owns Ibis, Fairmont, Delano, Swisshotel and a lot more - it's a HUGE company, world wide presence.

We always stay at Novotel Southampton prior to a UK sailing and have been very pleased with the hotel.

Darcy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WatchHill said:

Novotel Miami is part of a  hotel brand, owed by Accor in France. Accor group owns Ibis, Fairmont, Delano, Swisshotel and a lot more - it's a HUGE company, world wide presence.

We always stay at Novotel Southampton prior to a UK sailing and have been very pleased with the hotel.

Darcy

I'm aware of the brand.

I'm just surprised that there hasn't been a single mention of the property over the years seeing that it's just 3 miles from the port. I guess everyone prefers to stay much closer.

2 hours ago, CineGraphic said:

I'm aware of the brand.

I'm just surprised that there hasn't been a single mention of the property over the years seeing that it's just 3 miles from the port. I guess everyone prefers to stay much closer.

IMO, people tend to go for the familiar, uncertain about venturing beyond their comfort zone - Holiday Inn, Embassy Suites, Hilton, etc.  

Trip Adv has reviews of this property.

Darcy

@CineGraphicIt was the Atton Hotel when it opened (watched it being built) and Accor acquired them and reopened it as Novotel back in May 2019.    it’s’ a good location right behind the Publix on Coral Way. (I used to park in the parking  lot for my Publix shopping.) It has a great rooftop bar, at least it did last I was there.  I have never seen the rooms so can’t comment on that.   It’s still Brickell and you can walk to everything  If you have ever been down to PM Steakhouse, that and would be the closest restaurant.  You have Publix and a separate Publix liquor store and separate Publix pharmacy right there as well as a Walgreens. 

I know I have answered a question about this years ago when it was called Atton Hotel so maybe search for that. 

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, Host CJSKIDS said:

I know I have answered a question about this years ago when it was called Atton Hotel so maybe search for that. 

Thanks, but this is the only thread that shows up when searching for "Atton", so I'm guessing that years worth of postings were deleted when the forum software was updated a few years ago.

That's a shame, as shared information is the main attraction to any online forum.

When I sold an online forum I created in the early days of the web, the buyer insisted on preserving everyone's posts, as the knowledge shared was the most valuable asset.

@CineGraphic many posters here only focus on a small amount of hotels that are actually in that area and many others give lists and advice and leave out the hotels that have opened in the last few years so I’m not really that surprised.  For some reason the Hyatt Centric Brickell isn’t ever discussed either and it’s a great hotel.  Nor the East Hotel or the brand new citizenM Miami or the AC Hotel and Element.  There are so many choices that just don’t make it on here for some reason. 

Hope you enjoy your visit there!