Mask wearing onboard in Greece

uktog

Please, I do not want this thread to descend into a you should/I won’t debate

This morning I was checking up on my highly trusted source of travel information (UK FCO aka official government website) as to whether I needed to fill in any forms before arriving in Greece (I don’t). I came across the section re mask wearing in Greece and it states there were only a very few instances masks were required but one was “ indoor spaces on boats”

I will be on a Greek intensive soon, my question is to those currently cruising in Greece or recently returned what was the requirements as opposed to guest preferences when you were in Greek ports.

(only reason I’m asking is it impacts on how many and what sort of masks I pack) 

Edited by uktog

We were in Greece on Journey in August. No information about masks on board. Also in the ports. On our excursion at Mykonos we were asked to wear masks at the bus.

Maybe the information regards the ferrys as they are part of public transport. 

• Thanks 1

I disembarked yesterday and no compulsory requirement for masks onboard when in Greece. I had one instance in a Taxi that required one But not for the return taxi with a different driver in Kavala.  😂. A lot of public transport looked like masks required but definitely random. Lots wore one on a local bus in Syros but driver didn’t. 😘

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, seaventuregal said:

Curious whether a Covid test was still required preboarding the ship?  We are scheduled to board the Quest in Athens on October 29th.

As of now it is

4 hours ago, seaventuregal said:

Curious whether a Covid test was still required preboarding the ship?  We are scheduled to board the Quest in Athens on October 29th.

4 hours ago, uktog said:

As of now it is

For those boarding in Athens.  No testing required for the return voyages that disembark in Athens [which seems backwards to me, but what do I know?]

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

For those boarding in Athens.  No testing required for the return voyages that disembark in Athens [which seems backwards to me, but what do I know?]

Hoping they drop the testing requirement before our cruise October 29th.  It does seem backward!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I am on the Pursuit next month sailing from Ravenna to Athens.  I will get off the ship, stay two nights in Athens and two days later board the Quest.  No covid test is required to arrive or wander around Athens, but I must have a negative test to leave!  That is crazy!

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Twiga said:

I am on the Pursuit next month sailing from Ravenna to Athens.  I will get off the ship, stay two nights in Athens and two days later board the Quest.  No covid test is required to arrive or wander around Athens, but I must have a negative test to leave!  That is crazy!

It is a Port Authority requirement to have the test prior to boarding, along with vaccination requirements.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2022 at 11:32 AM, uktog said:

Please, I do not want this thread to descend into a you should/I won’t debate

This morning I was checking up on my highly trusted source of travel information (UK FCO aka official government website) as to whether I needed to fill in any forms before arriving in Greece (I don’t). I came across the section re mask wearing in Greece and it states there were only a very few instances masks were required but one was “ indoor spaces on boats”

I will be on a Greek intensive soon, my question is to those currently cruising in Greece or recently returned what was the requirements as opposed to guest preferences when you were in Greek ports.

(only reason I’m asking is it impacts on how many and what sort of masks I pack) 

As far as I know, it is compulsory to wear face masks only in Greek Public Transport, so my guess is that they mean "ferries" when they talk about "boats".