Items cut from sea day brunch

Drew B 58

2 hours ago, mz-s said:

It's a shame they've cut the menu like they have and reduced hours at Sea Day Brunch. I wouldn't be surprised to see it go away altogether before long sadly the way Carnival is being ruthless with the cutbacks.

This is Carnival's math on the brunch: Limited menu + limited hours = fewer guests attending = Zero Brunch due to lack of guest attendance.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

This is Carnival's math on the brunch: Limited menu + limited hours = fewer guests attending = Zero Brunch due to lack of guest attendance.

Probably not Carnival math. Carnival's math is to give away a brunch cocktail to increase attendance.

• Haha 1

Cue the announcement... "Due to lack of guest demand, we're replacing brunch in the MDR with brunch at the buffet, on all days except debarkaton/embarkation, to accommodate guests who said they'd prefer longer breakfast hours at the buffet."

Gets rid of another full service dining option and eliminates a separate lunch menu on the buffet every day (and associated procurement costs).  Plus fewer people will be inclined to eat breakfast and lunch if it's billed as brunch and has the same items at both meal times.

Damn, I could be a Carnival bean counter!

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

Cue the announcement... "Due to lack of guest demand, we're replacing brunch in the MDR with brunch at the buffet, on all days except debarkaton/embarkation, to accommodate guests who said they'd prefer longer breakfast hours at the buffet."

Gets rid of another full service dining option and eliminates a separate lunch menu on the buffet every day (and associated procurement costs).  Plus fewer people will be inclined to eat breakfast and lunch if it's billed as brunch and has the same items at both meal times.

Damn, I could be a Carnival bean counter!

Arnold Donald read this and slapped his forehead and exclaimed: ' why didn't I think of this? I'd still have my job! '

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If it was all that much of a favorite the name of the item would be memorable, I should think.

Back in the day, when it was still on the menu, it was.

What the hell kind of name is Hen Alla Diavola? The real dish is Chicken Alla Diavola. They could have call it Chicken of Satan, It was good.

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, sunonfire said:

It was like a 1/3 of a loaf of bread. It was square and and tall approximately 4” tall. It was delicious but it was too big.

I tried it once after the old George Lopez inspired menu went away.  I found it really dry, to the point of being almost inedible.  Apparently they forgot to soak mine for 12 (or even 2) hours.

• Like 1