Looking for most adventurous excursion!

TinaNC

My friend and I have a stop in Cozumel in January from 7am - 4pm.  We are looking for the most adventurous excursions possible since we are without husbands and kids!  We are both in good shape so nothing is off limits.  Thanks!!

11 hours ago, lifes-a-beach said:

Welcome to the forum Tina.  Give us an idea what you consider adventurous.  

Yeah is adventerous a drinking binge like crewsweeper suggested, or renting dunebuggies, snorkeling, ziplining, cave tubing, etc. ?  (because alot of the more athletic adventurous ideas are better done in other western caribbean stops.)

Cozumel has some athletic stuff, but a TON of relaxing or partying beach days.

Be easier for people to make suggestions if we understood your definition of adventurous.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lifes-a-beach said:

Welcome to the forum Tina.  Give us an idea what you consider adventurous.  

Good point!  Adventurous meaning high adrenaline.  We are not looking to sit on a beach.  We love to snorkel but is it good compared to Belize and some of those places?  I've read about the ATV to Jade Cavern.  Seems like such a short time doing the actual activity.  Thanks!

What are your other ports on this cruise?

Many other Western Caribbean stops have more adrenaline stuff compared to Cozumel, (ziplines and better snorkeling in Belize and Roatan, etc.) Snorkeling in Cozumel is pretty good, just not as good from shore like Roatan

You might get some good suggestions for them while looking for some in Cozumel and maybe find something more interesting to you.

Although Im sure hopefully a few can come up with more for Cozumel. (I'm a beach day in Cozumel guy myself, so not much help.)

Good luck.

Edited by bguppies

1 hour ago, bguppies said:

What are your other ports on this cruise?

Many other Western Caribbean stops have more adrenaline stuff compared to Cozumel, (ziplines and better snorkeling in Belize and Roatan, etc.) Snorkeling in Cozumel is pretty good, just not as good from shore like Roatan

You might get some good suggestions for them while looking for some in Cozumel and maybe find something more interesting to you.

Although Im sure hopefully a few can come up with more for Cozumel. (I'm a beach day in Cozumel guy myself, so not much help.)

Good luck.

Only other stop is Grand Cayman.  I've been there before so I know where to snorkel there.  So I guess I'll look into the Jade Cavern excursion.  Do you have a favorite beach?  Looks like most go to beach clubs.  Is there one that you'd recommend?  Thanks!

Beach clubs all have a different Vibe.

The main 4 everybody recommends alot in here.

Nachi Cocum relaxed AI - more of a quiet day. (they limit the amount of visitors per day)

Playa Mia - big place for kids with lots of pools with toys and slides, etc.

Mr. Sanchos - used to be AI or PAYG with more of a party atmosphere (not sure after restart)

Paradise Beach - again used to be PAYG or AI have to see what people are saying since the restart. PB is kind of in the middle of Nachi and Mr. Sanchos.

There are alot of other beaches and beach clubs that I'm sure others will chime in on.

I'd start looking at you tube videos and pictures of those 4 while others chime in with other ideas.

There is literally the perfect beach day for everyone in Cozumel. Just waiting to be found.

Also maybe think about the Bar Hop suggested earlier if a party day might be what you're looking for.

I've never gone myself buit it does get rave reviews in here.

Hope that helps you get started.

In Cozumel, parasailing and zip lining if you just want the adrenaline effects.  If you want to actually experience Cozumel then ATV to Jade Cavern followed by a snorkeling boat excursion.  You can jump into the cenote as well.  My suggestion is if you like to just be outdoors, rent a bike and ride the loop around the island stopping at various spots on the other side.  This is doable and unique.  We have done this on land and cruise vacation.