Celebrity Xploration to Galapagos

waterbug123

• 5 months later...
On 9/21/2022 at 4:12 AM, Megan01 said:

We are on the Xploration in 2 weeks and will report back. We picked this shop specifically because of its small size and can’t wait for the adventure to begin!

Hello

Do you have a feed back of your cruise?

Sailed this cruise many years ago. The one thing we didn't love was there was no opportunity to sit alone at dinner. My husband and I aren't ones for small talk with strangers and there was no way around it. However, we did book the outside restaurant for a couple of nights just so we could have a table for two. A tip for you - bring your own wetsuit. We went in late November/December and all they had in my size on the boat was one with short sleeves/shorts and I froze in the water. My husband was smart enough to bring his own and he stayed warm. Even if you're not seasick-prone, bring dramamine or bonine. Sometimes the waves are bad and it rocks the little Zodiac boats hard, especially if you're out snorkeling in the middle of the ocean. Edit to add - We sailed the Xpedition, not the Xploration, but I imagine they are similar!

Edited by keysey222
wrong ship named
  • Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the tip on bringing your own wetsuit. I have one but it's a shorty. Do I need a long sleeve pants & shirt wetsuit- it's one piece? I was planning on bringing my own snorkel gear. We are divers so have good equipment. I hate to use a snorkel someone else has used!  I have dive booties ( we are PADI advanced divers) with flippers using the boots.