Rotterdam - AFT VE upgrade

FrankieSue

Just about any cheap or free upgrade is good 🙂. You might have some noise above from the Lido Deck. My experience on a deck under Lido is that my state of mind makes all the difference whether it is annoying or just blends in with the other sounds. You will enjoy.

Sorry about the Cnd/US$ exchange rate. Hope it gets better for you before final payment.

Edited by BillderBo
Additions

1 hour ago, FrankieSue said:

Just got upgraded to an AFT VE on Rotterdam (deck 8)… good cabins?

Any aft-facing stateroom is great for photographing what is happening on both sides of the ship without leaving your balcony.  Since you are just a short elevator ride from the Room Service kitchen, you will have hot eggs for breakfast.  There is no wind while the ship is moving so you can spend a lot of time on your balcony without your food blowing away.  Enjoy!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Crew News said:

Any aft-facing stateroom is great for photographing what is happening on both sides of the ship without leaving your balcony.  Since you are just a short elevator ride from the Room Service kitchen, you will have hot eggs for breakfast.  There is no wind while the ship is moving so you can spend a lot of time on your balcony without your food blowing away.  Enjoy!!

VE is not aft facing, its just in the aft section.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

VE is not aft facing, its just in the aft section.

You are right, I should have specified. It is in the AFT section; we went from VH to now VE… it seems to be a good upgrade… As always I  appreciate savvy Cruise Critic opinions.

VA is a “better” cabin, although that is a matter of opinion. I just moved from a midship VA cabin which was near the elevator to a VF cabin in the aft.  The cabin was $250pp less and I wanted to be away from the elevators.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, rodndonna said:

We also just upgraded , from deck 4 obstructed to a deck 8 VA on the Rotterdam (forward-ish).

What's the difference between a VE  of the OP and a VA cabin? (I'm thrilled with our upgrade, just a curiosity)

In general, location.  However, some V category cabins can vary a bit in size and especially in verandah size and shape.

• Thanks 1