no show question

LadyBerard

15 minutes ago, lakelorain said:

If you don't live together and you haven't been exposed to Covid, you should be able to keep your booking.  However, RC may adjust your cost to reflect a single booking.

The issue is not exposure, but the possibility of only one person on a booking being able to cancel for COVID reasons (with a refund )- not usually possible. 

Edited by Biker19

3 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

She will get $ credited back to her cc from RCL, and I will give her the difference out of pocket for what she paid.  

Then I wouldnt say a word at check in about her being a no show.  If they ask, tell them she hasnt arrived yet.  You will go on to your cabin and not hear another word about it.  You can even give her her Seapass card for a cruise she didnt take lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

The issue is not exposure, but the possibility of only one person on a booking being able to cancel for COVID reasons (with a refund )- not usually possible. 

Why not?  Royal doesn't want someone with Covid on the ship.  We cancel healthy people at the last minute with no problem and still keep the cabin.  Call and ask. 

6 minutes ago, lakelorain said:

Why not?  Royal doesn't want someone with Covid on the ship.  We cancel healthy people at the last minute with no problem and still keep the cabin.  Call and ask. 

Again, the issue is not canceling, nor keeping the cabin, it’s canceling just one person and expecting a refund (including the cabin fare) for that person. If you try to cancel for COVID for a refund, it generally requires canceling the entire cabin/booking. 

On 9/21/2022 at 11:18 AM, CaptainBazz said:

No need to apologize...everyone is entitled to their opinion...I presume that you are one of those people that for the rest of your life will always test prior to taking a cruise to make sure you don't have covid and will cancel if you do...even though you don't need to. 

I honestly think they meant out of consideration for people who may be immune compromised.  

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Again, the issue is not canceling, nor keeping the cabin, it’s canceling just one person and expecting a refund (including the cabin fare) for that person. If you try to cancel for COVID for a refund, it generally requires canceling the entire cabin/booking. 

As I said before - Call and ask.