Spectrum of the Seas

resordanis

27 minutes ago, resordanis said:

Just put a hold on  Spectrum of the Seas sailing from Singapore for 24 nights in an extended balcony cabin on deck 9. Any thoughts on the ship and deck 9? I think deck 9 should be ok, with no obstructions, but appreciate comments. TIA

Also, it states that the extended balcony cabins are a little smaller, is that correct? Thanks

9 hours ago, resordanis said:

Just put a hold on  Spectrum of the Seas sailing from Singapore for 24 nights in an extended balcony cabin on deck 9. Any thoughts on the ship and deck 9? I think deck 9 should be ok, with no obstructions, but appreciate comments. TIA

My son just booked this cruise with his friend leaving Jan 2. They booked deck 9 but not sure about location. I am nervous that my 23 year old is going on this trip with a friend.  His friend works with Royal Caribbean and they basically got the cruise free.  

9 hours ago, resordanis said:

Also, it states that the extended balcony cabins are a little smaller, is that correct?

On other Q class ships, the double occupancy cabins are roughly the same size though all are not the same configuration inside.

Edited by Biker19

4 minutes ago, ChC said:

I can't find the 2nd January 24 nights cruise. I can only find 2 12 nights cruise between Singapore and Tokyo in July 2023. I thought the OP was referring to this cruise. Did I miss anything?

They are doing a 7 night cruise out of Singapore on January 2 to Thailand and  Malaysia. 

Edited by renza

8 hours ago, ChC said:

Thanks. I guess I was confused. I saw RCL is selling the 7 nights as 2 cruises, one 3 nighter and one 4 nighter. Interesting. I wonder if RCL will change the Singapore itinerary and introduce more longer cruises. I can't imagine there would be so many demands from Singapore and surrounding countries for the same 3 nighters and 4 nighters week after week.

Having done 3 and 4 nighters out of Singapore many times, this cruise Singapore to Tokyo return appeals to us. Just need to make sure we get the right cabin.

11 hours ago, ChC said:

Thanks. I guess I was confused. I saw RCL is selling the 7 nights as 2 cruises, one 3 nighter and one 4 nighter. Interesting. I wonder if RCL will change the Singapore itinerary and introduce more longer cruises. I can't imagine there would be so many demands from Singapore and surrounding countries for the same 3 nighters and 4 nighters week after week.

Jan 2 is a 7 night cruise. Not a 3 and 4 nighter

17 hours ago, ChC said:

I can't find the 2nd January 24 nights cruise. I can only find 2 12 nights cruise between Singapore and Tokyo in July 2023. I thought the OP was referring to this cruise. Did I miss anything?

OP did not mention January. Only one of the comments said January but it is a misunderstanding.

July 2023 is correct (as OP mentions in comment #8). It will be 12 nights from Singapore to Tokyo, then another 12 nights from Tokyo to Singapore. Many passengers will be in back-to-back for these two cruises, so 24 nights in total.

Edited by Cruise Wonderland

On 9/22/2022 at 11:35 AM, resordanis said:

Spectrum is similar to Ovation that you have sailed before. Deck 9 is totally fine and not obstructed.

Extended balcony has a larger balcony, but the indoor room space won't become smaller.

The following thread is for your reference.

38 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Spectrum is similar to Ovation that you have sailed before. Deck 9 is totally fine and not obstructed.

Extended balcony has a larger balcony, but the indoor room space won't become smaller.

The following thread is for your reference.

Thank you so much for your information and assistance.

On 9/22/2022 at 7:48 AM, renza said:

My son just booked this cruise with his friend leaving Jan 2. They booked deck 9 but not sure about location. I am nervous that my 23 year old is going on this trip with a friend.  His friend works with Royal Caribbean and they basically got the cruise free.  

We always worry more about our children. I'm sure your son will be fine - especially as he will be with a RCI employee.  What an adventure he will have.

My youngest daughter went on a 2-1/2 month solo trip to Russia, South Korea, Japan and China when she was 25.  Her trip included a short cruise out of Shanghai but the rest was land based.  The biggest problem she had was getting to Moscow in time for a Trans-Siberian train trip - she was stuck overnight at JFK due to weather and had to work through getting a change in airlines.  She returned with even more independence (if that's possible) and confidence in her trouble shooting skills.  She and I just reserved a cruise on Spectrum for January 25.

• Thanks 1