Live from the Sapphire Princess: first post pause sailing 9/24-10/4/2022 (Baja Peninsula & Sea of Cortez)

travelin.sisters

1 hour ago, fellswoop said:

You mentioned seeing a table set up for Chef's Table in the dining room, but have you seen any mention in the Patter for a Winemakers Dinner? We will be there in a few short weeks. Thx

I am pretty sure it wasn't there, but I will post all the batters in a day or two after we are home with decent internet

6 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

While it is too bad you missed PV, I think you are lucky to have gotten San Diego instead. You dock in Downtown San Diego with a ton of options of things to do.

sapphire_bridge.jpg?1664833940814

Now get off my ship......  I wanna get on.

still ours until 10AM tomorrow, but you will have a good trip with her to Hawai'i---we did immigration here in San Diego so should be smooth disembark in Pedro

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, travelin.sisters said:

still ours until 10AM tomorrow, but you will have a good trip with her to Hawai'i---we did immigration here in San Diego so should be smooth disembark in Pedro

All kidding aside, I can't thank you enough for the great TR and all the Patters.

I'd forgotten you'd have to go through immigration in San Diego since it was your first port of entry into the U.S. Tomorrow should be a breeze.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scottca075 said:

All kidding aside, I can't thank you enough for the great TR and all the Patters.

I'd forgotten you'd have to go through immigration in San Diego since it was your first port of entry into the U.S. Tomorrow should be a breeze.

1 hour ago, scottca075 said:

Since we will be entering San Pedro from Ensenada, does that mean we will have to go through immigration?

2 hours ago, scottca075 said:

While it is too bad you missed PV, I think you are lucky to have gotten San Diego instead. You dock in Downtown San Diego with a ton of options of things to do.

sapphire_bridge.jpg?1664833940814

Now get off my ship......  I wanna get on.

I can see our old condo behind the Wyndham.   Lived on one of the top floors and loved watching the ship traffic.  

Edited by kiwimum
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

Yes. We will clear immigration & customs in San Pedro.

Post 232 mentioned immigration was done in San Diego this morning as it should be.   Customs, usually nonexistent, will be in San Pedro.   

32 minutes ago, kiwimum said:

Post 232 mentioned immigration was done in San Diego this morning as it should be.   Customs, usually nonexistent, will be in San Pedro.   

You are correct of course. I mentally just connect the two automatically.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, donswife said:

Thanks for your report,  is getting me primed for my cruise in a couple of weeks.  What is the table situation in Sabatinis? No matter what time I pick, the app says split across tables. 

I saw mostly smaller tables in Sabatinis but a few for groups...it wasn't full when we went, so I imagine if you stop by the first day or two, they will be able to set something up for you...we had made reservations for the steakhouse which were changed because they weeern't open the day I picked & when I noticed a few days into the cruise they were able to get us something we liked...either make the reservations & the go talk to them about a larger table or wait until you are onboard.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GoHuskies! said:

Since we will be entering San Pedro from Ensenada, does that mean we will have to go through immigration?

yes, almost all cruises into Pedro do customs & immigration there...it has gotten easier & easier over the years...several years ago they stopped giving us the customs forms to declare what we bought & the last few even before covid, they didn't even ask if we had anything to declare...immigration has gotten super-fast & easy, our last 2 cruises they had the facial rec machines set up, so you don't even have to show your passport unless the scanner doesn't recognize you...even if it doesn't it's still fast, you just go to a person who compares you to your passport photo & off you go

• Like 1

5 hours ago, srpilo said:

Did you happen to hear what the cut-off was for the "Most Traveled" luncheon was ?

no, I didn't even hear if there was one...now that the patter is only one page, a lot of the things we used to hear about we don't...i miss the older longer patters

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kiwimum said:

actually, the officer who did my chack said this was both today & there would be no customs or immigration tomorrow

• Like 1