Rainforest showers and benches are gone

Robjame

1 hour ago, Robjame said:

Are you thinking that the walk-in shower will be only the width of the old tub?

Exactly what I think will happen. The new shower will sit in the footprint of the old tub. Look at the schematic of where the tub and shower are currently located. It's the only thing that makes sense. 

14 minutes ago, Psoque said:

I have this funny feeling that even Oceania is not exactly sure how the refit should look like at the end.

We’ve been sailing with Oceania for years and have a lot of trust in what they are doing. Their often sold out cruises proves that mostly they are doing the right things. 

Also, I have a feeling that the bathroom layout is not a deal breaker for most of Oceania customers.

• Like 1

That picture confirms my thought that they had to drop the bench because the door opens on the back part of the new shower, right where the bench would be.  But that picture is old and doesn't show the rain shower :classic_huh:

It also isn't clear if the new vanity between the toilet and the new shower includes a sink.  Maybe that vanity is all storage now, and the old shower area is the new sink?

We need more pictures!!!

Here's another picture to add to the mix. This is the schematic from the Oceania website with the current layout. As you can see the current small shower is on the far front right of the bathroom, the current tub is along the left wall. Suites & Staterooms | Riviera Ship | Oceania Cruises

(Looks like you need to click on Concierge then Schematic)

1 hour ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

It also isn't clear if the new vanity between the toilet and the new shower includes a sink.

It sure looks like a sink to me in that mock up picture. 

Edited by ORV

4 hours ago, osandomir said:

We’ve been sailing with Oceania for years and have a lot of trust in what they are doing. Their often sold out cruises proves that mostly they are doing the right things. 

Also, I have a feeling that the bathroom layout is not a deal breaker for most of Oceania customers.

+1

6 hours ago, osandomir said:

You are absolutely right.  And except for the few who want a bathtub, the new design – with or without rain shower and bench – is way better than the told small shower and unused* bathtub.

* unused by me

You can have all the faith in whatever you want to have faith in, but it is common knowledge that all sectors of the economy are having trouble acquiring anything, including such items as windows, doors, sinks, plumbing, shower heads, especially in large quantities.  It is possible that Oceania is still trying to secure all of the supplies to make the whole refurbishment (not just the bathroom) occur on time.  That's the point of my posting.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Psoque said:

You can have all the faith in whatever you want to have faith in, but it is common knowledge that all sectors of the economy are having trouble acquiring anything, including such items as windows, doors, sinks, plumbing, shower heads, especially in large quantities.  It is possible that Oceania is still trying to secure all of the supplies to make the whole refurbishment (not just the bathroom) occur on time.  That's the point of my posting.

For me the point of your postings looks like the total criticism of the line that you probably haven’t even sailed yet. Oceania like any other cruise line isn’t perfect but it deserves some credits as well in my opinion.

• Like 1

As long as my bathroom is ready when I get onboard on December 23rd I don’t care about anything else 🙂

I hope those on the TA which is the trip directly after the refit don’t have too much of their trip derailed by the inevitable overrunning of the work. 

For me the point of your postings looks like the total criticism of the line that you probably haven’t even sailed yet. Oceania like any other cruise line isn’t perfect but it deserves some credits as well in my opinion.

Funny, the name of this website is Cruise Critic, not Cruise Praiser so I'm not sure why you would be surprised at some fair criticism.  If anything, this board has more than its share of fans that never find fault, even when there is fault to be found.

• Like 1

Logistics and supply issues are probably behind this…it’s no criticism of O to say this as every single company in the world is probably experiencing some sort of a similar issue. 

If it’s any overconfident design promise bashed down by reality then someone has probably been a little bit told off in the design dept. 

10 hours ago, osandomir said:

I’m sorry I made you overreact.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

You are absolutely right.  And except for the few who want a bathtub, the new design – with or without rain shower and bench – is way better than the told small shower and unused* bathtub.

* unused by me

It was a great place to drape wet bathing suits! But  a bigger shower trumps that.

Edited by Aloha 1
  • Like 1