Current Lists of Wine on Board (2022/23)

luv2travel90266

3 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

Azamara is not all-inclusive and not a luxury cruise line (assuming that's what you meant by high-end).  It is a Premium line, and provides high-end value in some areas but can't do so in all without charging luxury all-inclusive prices.  If included wine is a must-have for you (a completely rational view), you will likely be more satisfied on other lines; IMHO Azamara isn't likely to fix this to your satisfaction.

Thank you for your HO.  You are 100% correct.  As you are, we are seasoned travelers but in our 50s.  We have been very loyal to Azamara and are very familiar with their operations and the majority of their officers. Once we have completed the Azamara cruises we have booked with FCCs, we will be moving on to other cruise lines for many reasons....not just the wine. 

• Like 1

On 2/2/2024 at 9:00 AM, Moby Jones said:

I agree. I usually take a couple of bottles of good wine onboard. When compared to the mark ups seen on cruise ships the $15 pales into insignificance. 

How is the corkage fee assessed?  Do you declare the wine when you board and have the $15/bottle charged to your account or when (if) you bring the bottle to the dining room?

13 minutes ago, Hi-ho-silver said:

How is the corkage fee assessed?  Do you declare the wine when you board and have the $15/bottle charged to your account or when (if) you bring the bottle to the dining room?

The corkage fee is not charged when you bring the wine onboard. The $15 corkage fee is charged when waitstaff opens your wine for you. If you want to drink your wine on your balcony for example there will be no corkage fee. There will only be a corkage fee on wines you choose to drink in a public area onboard the ship.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As my spouse doesn't drink I typically take 2 evenings to finish a bottle. I am only charged once the corkage fee and tell the waiter the bottle is from the night before. They have never challenged me and I would never cheat them. I typically have taken the bottle back to my room but they will hold it for you if you prefer. I save them the task of hunting for the bottle. 

I have been typically been drinking locally  found  wines in the $35-$60 range brought on board from my shore visits. For Azamara to offer those as a package and allow for a profit along with,  before and after dinner drinks as well as at other meals Azamara would lose unless the premium package price were not significantly increased. I am very happy to pay a reasonable corkage fee. 

• Like 6

On 1/17/2024 at 3:58 PM, 59impala said:

Hi, newbie here.

We are looking at an Azamara cruise next May and have a Premium Beverage package.

Does this package include upgraded wines? I can't find the answer to this after my searches. 
Thanks for the input.

Only upgraded beers and liquors for the Premium package.  Need ultimate package for upgraded wines.  sorry.

18 hours ago, Allwashedup said:

It would be nice if regular wines onboard reflected where you are in the world.

When we were last onboard, serving Italian wine everyday when sailing around New Zealand did not seem right somehow. 

Within limits...I've had a few wines in Mexico and China (land-base trips, not cruises) that I am still trying to forget. Of course, that also applies to a few US wines, too.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, ExArkie said:

Within limits...I've had a few wines in Mexico and China (land-base trips, not cruises) that I am still trying to forget. Of course, that also applies to a few US wines, too.

I had a wine from Armenia, that i bought at a gas station late night, that will forever go down as the worst wine  that has ever slipped past these lips.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Atllindo said:

I had a wine from Armenia, that i bought at a gas station late night, that will forever go down as the worst wine  that has ever slipped past these lips.

I might be able to supply a new candidate for that title. Have you ever tried Egyptian white wine? Some of the reds we had were actually pretty drinkable, but we had two whites last year that stand out in my memory for all the wrong reasons! 

• Haha 2

On 5/24/2024 at 7:23 AM, ExArkie said:

You must have missed then the pineapple wine in Hawaii. A reason to go dry. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, luv2travel90266 said:

You must have missed then the pineapple wine in Hawaii. A reason to go dry. 

Actually, I did try it. Definitely a large improvement over that merlot from Mexico. 

11 minutes ago, ExArkie said:

Actually, I did try it. Definitely a large improvement over that merlot from Mexico. 

I thought about what I said and realized it could be taken personally by some people. While I attempt to be humorous, if there are fans of Mexican wine on this board, I do not mean to disparage all Mexican wines. Some from the northern Baja region, for example, are quite good and compare favorably to many Southern California wines. The one served to me by a business associate in Mexico City was not in that category.