Current Lists of Wine on Board (2022/23)

luv2travel90266

3 hours ago, 360Guy said:

We are sailing next year on Azamara.  We may pick up some wine in Porto and Lisbon to bring aboard.

Can anyone advise the current corkage charge?

Thank you!

Bob

Current price is $10.

• Like 2

Still $10 corkage. My wife doesn’t drink so I would have 1/2 bottle left I would bring to my room and back next night for dinner. I would tell the waiter I paid corkage the  eve  before and was never challenged. It saved staff from hunting for my bottle as a benefit. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi, newbie here.

We are looking at an Azamara cruise next May and have a Premium Beverage package.

Does this package include upgraded wines? I can't find the answer to this after my searches. 
Thanks for the input.

40 minutes ago, 59impala said:

Hi, newbie here.

We are looking at an Azamara cruise next May and have a Premium Beverage package.

Does this package include upgraded wines? I can't find the answer to this after my searches. 
Thanks for the input.

No. A different selection of wine is only included in the ultimate package. But you may order wine and pay for.

Some people also report that you can upgrade premium to ultimate package. 

Edited by beatnix

If you only want better wine, rather than upgrade to the Ultimate Package you could also consider buying a wine bottle package.  That gives even greater range of choices, and the head sommelier becomes your new best friend to help you choose.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, beatnix said:

No. A different selection of wine is only included in the ultimate package. But you may order wine and pay for.

Some people also report that you can upgrade premium to ultimate package. 

You can upgrade from premium to ultimate, you just pay the difference between them.

Edited by Grandma Cruising

I am not a "wine snob". In fact, I specialize in finding and enjoying good, cheap wines. On our two Azamara trips the wines available on the Ultimate package were either not really available, or would retail here in California for under $10. There are good wines still available at that price, but sadly not the ones in the Ultimate package we had access to for our two trips. Calling the wines they offered "ultimate" in any way is a joke.

I should add that the same thing happened with some alcohol choices too. One reason we got the package was to have access to good Cognac and scotch. The best of what they had listed on the package list on the table where we signed up were also not really available. 

I understand things change and sourcing wines all over the world is difficult, but how hard would it be to put out a list that reflects what they actually have available, especially at the sign-up table. 

• Like 2

As suggested before you can bring an unlimited amount of wine bottles on board and pay $10 corkage in the dining room. I typically stop retuning to the ship and pick up several bottles at a local wine store in the port. 

The plus is you will get to taste wines you may not be able to find at home. You can also choose wines within your preferred price point.  I personally do a google search of wine stores near the port. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, java spot said:

I was charged a corkage fee of $15 a few days ago.   Not happy about that at all. 

Still the best deal. You can bring unlimited bottles aboard, drink the quality level of wine you prefer and cost less than paying for the upgraded packages. Here in California the corkage is $25-$35 at most restaurants. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/22/2024 at 8:16 PM, luv2travel90266 said:

Still the best deal. You can bring unlimited bottles aboard, drink the quality level of wine you prefer and cost less than paying for the upgraded packages. Here in California the corkage is $25-$35 at most restaurants. 

I agree. I usually take a couple of bottles of good wine onboard. When compared to the mark ups seen on cruise ships the $15 pales into insignificance. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

We are booked for Onward June 2025 from Lisbon to Southampton including Bordeaux overnight.  We plan to bring local bottles of wine onboard and pay the very reasonable corkage.   So grateful Azamara gives this option to their guests.  Looking forward to our cruise!!

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

The title says " Currents List of Wine on Board", but so far I've only seen wine list by the glass, doesn't anyone have a current wine list??  Will be aboard the Pursuit in September.  Have alot of OBC so deciding to whether to spend it on overpriced wine or overpriced excursions.  The overpriced excursions are losing as I've seen all the excursions offered. Will be in Croatia so I may just buy wine on land and pay the corkage.

2 hours ago, deadzone1003 said:

The title says " Currents List of Wine on Board", but so far I've only seen wine list by the glass, doesn't anyone have a current wine list??  Will be aboard the Pursuit in September.  Have alot of OBC so deciding to whether to spend it on overpriced wine or overpriced excursions.  The overpriced excursions are losing as I've seen all the excursions offered. Will be in Croatia so I may just buy wine on land and pay the corkage.

I think the wines by the bottle will vary a lot from ship to ship.  If you are buying a bottle you will work with the sommelier, and they can suggest interesting bottles that would never make it to a printed list because inventory is so low.

• Like 1

Might I suggest that you purchase wines in Croatia and use your OBC to pay the corkage.   Croatian wines are world-famous and relatively affordable.  We enjoyed them very much.  In the tourist part of Dubrovnik there is a wonderful tasting and retail shop.  Run by an Aussie with Croatian parents who is bilingual and very knowledgeable.  The wines on the ships can be good (or not) but will practically never reflect the port you are visiting.

Good Luck!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2024 at 7:29 PM, 360Guy said:

We are booked for Onward June 2025 from Lisbon to Southampton including Bordeaux overnight.  We plan to bring local bottles of wine onboard and pay the very reasonable corkage.   So grateful Azamara gives this option to their guests.  Looking forward to our cruise!!

We are booked on this cruise as well! 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/21/2024 at 8:44 PM, luv2travel90266 said:

As suggested before you can bring an unlimited amount of wine bottles on board and pay $10 corkage in the dining room. I typically stop retuning to the ship and pick up several bottles at a local wine store in the port. 

The plus is you will get to taste wines you may not be able to find at home. You can also choose wines within your preferred price point.  I personally do a google search of wine stores near the port. 

I was thinking the same thing. We will be in Tuscany on out 2nd port stop. I will find a wine store that does tastings and bring the wine onboard. But all of our ports are bound to have excellent wines that as you say "we could not be able to find at home" 

• Like 1