Prima TA too!

dexddd

On 9/26/2022 at 2:51 PM, dexddd said:

More about the room compared to other ships, same category.  No special Bose radio or like to hook up phone or play music.  Things like QTips, puff, shower keep hair dry deal thing yes, lotions, yes.  Shower/bath is in one area behind one door, DW keeps saying it’s the biggest she’s seen – shower & bath combined that is.  Wow it is great, I’m a bit worried it causes extra work for steward to clean/swipe off water that gets splashed around. 

We’ve managed to get all 7 jets working – 4 as body hits, the one from top, shower wand belly button level but removable, and one from bath tub side body shot.  Top does not have much water when running the other 5 on same console.  One of the best setups we’ve seen.

One thing I was questioning before hand, made one post, no replies on CC was about the OS drink options like in the past.  Is unlimited in room water and soda included in the room plus the 3 bottles of booze, plus the Champagne?  I requested that via Miami Concierge (who I have not had good luck over the years but have acknowledged how good they have been the last four trips).  They sent an email that said only H1-H3.  Well, Prima OS got downgraded to H5 due to the newer, bigger suites.  There are 13 H5 on this ship.  Have gratefully found those benefits still included (sans Champagne but we did get a Prosecco – not complaining in any way – just reporting the news).  Great job keeping things as they should be.  Have not seen Latitudes wine unless the CDC is restricting that as well.

Out last 5 sailings have been MSC YC in three classes all made by Finicatari (I know I spelled wrong) as where Prima made.  I’m used to Meyer Werft on NCL and DCL.  I’d say overall it is like a Ferrari vs. Porsche with the Porsche clearly we’ll better engineered and functional with the Ferrari more glitzy.  I’ll get some specifics later with some pictures.

One thing I’d be worried about is the plumbing fixtures.  The ones in the Haven look very much like what we’ve seen in MSC YC and we’ve been on 3 MSC over 5 ships, some very new, where the handles don’t work well and the temperatures are not very controllable.

The doors are extra thick,like 3” maybe 1/2” more than normal we’ve ever seen – fire protection or some other reason? 

Had dinner in Haven and again, excellent, not too crowded.  Walked around, then watched NFL games in room – around ½ time ordered quesadilla and pepperoni pizza from RS and it was quick and very good.  We don’t normally get to stay up late and enjoy not having to do anything all day and then get drinks and RS to watch NFL, that was super relaxing.  We watched the whole game.

We’ve been eyeing menu in Commordore Room especially the crab wontons for weeks.  We decided to go today and got two of those, one ribs (basically the pork belly you see elsewhere on the ship), and DW got artichoke dip.  All enjoyed by the three of us.

For mains, DW got Ahi Tuna salad (she said was tough – the tuna that is), DD got the steak thingy with the sauce which she enjoyed, I got the advertised 8 oz cheeseburger that as advertised says it comes with pickle and choice of cheese – American, Cheddar, Swiss.  In reality it was overcooked burger about the size of 2/3 of the circumference of the bun with onions and no pickle (I’m o.k. with no pickle but if I had noticed it said onions, I would have declined those).  Fries were soggy, greasy, and cold.

The Commordore Room is beautiful and bright with an fairly large menu (for lunch and dinner that we’ve seen and the service was good overall).  So maybe on a different day things would have been better.  Pictures to follow.

We walked around a bit then finally ventured up to the vast sports area, darts, mini golf, slides, and go karts.  It was fairly cool out – 50 degrees – but DW and DD did the Rush Slide and then DD did the Drop so all were working despite one report of the demise of one of the slides.  I’ll do later.  Staff bundled up and not many takers but I do appreciate that they kept opened for use.  FYI – mini golf also been reported that it was a charge.  Maybe it was, will be, but large sign saying – complimentary – just ask for ball.  I will show picture of that for those who doubt I’m telling the truth.

They had a German themed buffet until 3.  They had German pizza which is a brown pretzel as crust – I thought that was funny bud did not try.

Later went to Haven lounge, always busy in cool weather.  Able to go to Observation Lounge to grab Monopoly to play – concierge did have playing cards.

Dinner, up in the air.  We did see what appear to be FR open for lunch despite Daily saying start 5:30.

Quencups - saw your thread, but the dialup internet on the ship was so slow it was burning my minutes up.  We wanted to book a DOS or better but they were already sold out.  Go to YT and Harr has some videos.

Thanks Dexddd....I saw harr travels video...Hope you are having a great time!!! Prima looks/sounds great...sailing on her in April.....Have a wonderful time!!   following along 🙂

24 minutes ago, Quencups said:

Thanks Dexddd....I saw harr travels video...Hope you are having a great time!!! Prima looks/sounds great...sailing on her in April.....Have a wonderful time!!   following along 🙂

Thanks 

1 hour ago, dexddd said:

MKing, for you ... 

Muchas gracias, dexddd - thanks but ... and, that's for my convenience, of course.  Are those lobster roll prices or ??  Can you have it delivered directly, haha.  Seriously, enjoying your stop at Halifax today, exploring on your own ... Uber & taxi were inexpensive, "cheap" especially when we're using US dollars - $10 CAD from the cruise terminal to the Citadel.  

BTW, heads to be prepared for a choppy ride inbound toward NY tomorrow, sea states and waves not looking pretty on the forecasted maps for your routing.  Wished we could call for better weather instead of wind & rain, but thankful that Ian could've spin around again as a Nor-Easter 

15 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Muchas gracias, dexddd - thanks but ... and, that's for my convenience, of course.  Are those lobster roll prices or ??  Can you have it delivered directly, haha.  Seriously, enjoying your stop at Halifax today, exploring on your own ... Uber & taxi were inexpensive, "cheap" especially when we're using US dollars - $10 CAD from the cruise terminal to the Citadel.  

BTW, heads to be prepared for a choppy ride inbound toward NY tomorrow, sea states and waves not looking pretty on the forecasted maps for your routing.  Wished we could call for better weather instead of wind & rain, but thankful that Ian could've spin around again as a Nor-Easter 

Thanks for the weather update.  We have sea day tomorrow but hoping Captain says due to weather we miss NYC on Wednesday like we missed Scotland due to storm.

We would love to stay on for extended trip.  Too many sad days ending a cruise in your wonderful city.

Pretty sure we will be on time as the next trip is US marketing trip.

17 hours ago, dexddd said:

Thanks for the weather update.  We have sea day tomorrow but hoping Captain says due to weather we miss NYC on Wednesday like we missed Scotland due to storm.

We would love to stay on for extended trip.  Too many sad days ending a cruise in your wonderful city.

Pretty sure we will be on time as the next trip is US marketing trip.

Yes, but we leave Thursday. . . so you could be a few hours late 😉