50th Birthday On-board, any special things I can order?

xiphoid76

Hi there,

This forum has been a wealth of information and I appreciate it.  We will be sailing on Viking Sky next year - I booked a 50th birthday cruise for my husband.  The first night of the cruise he turns 50.  Is there anything special I can order - a birthday cake or balloons for the room?  I wish it wasn't the very first night of the cruise, if it was another night I would have more time to prepare, but this will be the first night of our first time on Viking.  Any help or guidance is appreciated?  Hope everyone has a great day!

Call Viking and tell them you will be celebrating your DH's birthday.  They will usually provide a cake and a bottle of sparkling wine.  We celebrated our 20th anniversary earlier this year on the Sky.  The cake and sparking wine was already in our stateroom when we boarded.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, xiphoid76 said:

Hi there,

This forum has been a wealth of information and I appreciate it.  We will be sailing on Viking Sky next year - I booked a 50th birthday cruise for my husband.  The first night of the cruise he turns 50.  Is there anything special I can order - a birthday cake or balloons for the room?  I wish it wasn't the very first night of the cruise, if it was another night I would have more time to prepare, but this will be the first night of our first time on Viking.  Any help or guidance is appreciated?  Hope everyone has a great day!

We had a birthday in our group & they sent champagne & cake to the room that day. I can't remember if we told anyone, but we decorated the birthday boy's door, so I'm sure his steward knew from that. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Selion said:

Call Viking and tell them you will be celebrating your DH's birthday.  They will usually provide a cake and a bottle of sparkling wine.  We celebrated our 20th anniversary earlier this year on the Sky.  The cake and sparking wine was already in our stateroom when we boarded.

I did this for my wife’s birthday in April and likewise had a cake and sparkling wine waiting for us. Great cake:image.thumb.jpeg.76f0b229519f26d5dfbed2df75ffeec0.jpeg

• Like 1

I don't even remember mentioning that it was my husband's birthday on our most recent cruise, and I certainly didn't "notify" anyone at Viking. Yet when we returned from our excursion that day there was the lovely fresh berry and chocolate cake with beverage in our cabin.  Thank you, Viking, once again!

• Like 2