Quantum OTS - March 2023 Cruise - Enquiry re SeaPass card or WOW band

avalon65

Hi

3 of us are in a Grand Suite for 4 day Sampler (10-14 March 2023) from Brisbane onboard the Quantum of the Seas.

I have read that there is an option for the WOW wrist bands to use for our account/purchases/opening door instead of the Seapass.  Can anyone please

advise if this is correct?
Also regarding COVID - hopefully (by March next year) we may not have to do a RAT test before the cruise, will have to wait closer to the date.  And finally do we have to wear a "Tracelet" to track any potential COVID close contacts etc while on the ship?

Thanks for your help everyone.

19 minutes ago, avalon65 said:

Hi

3 of us are in a Grand Suite for 4 day Sampler (10-14 March 2023) from Brisbane onboard the Quantum of the Seas.

I have read that there is an option for the WOW wrist bands to use for our account/purchases/opening door instead of the Seapass.  Can anyone please

advise if this is correct?
Also regarding COVID - hopefully (by March next year) we may not have to do a RAT test before the cruise, will have to wait closer to the date.  And finally do we have to wear a "Tracelet" to track any potential COVID close contacts etc while on the ship?

Thanks for your help everyone.

You should get a WOW band each in your cabin and yes they will do everything a sea pass will do.

With a full suite you are entitled to a free WOW band,if it’s not in your cabin ask the cabin attendant.

I think the traclets where only in Singapore at the hight of the pandemic and have been scrapped.

Also the WOW band doesn’t track you .

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Yes, for a full suite, you will get seapasses at check-in and your Wow bands will be in your suite. Both the cards and wow bands work, so your choice which one you want to use.

Slight correction….seapass cards will be in stateroom, you will not get them at check in. Will need the barcode from your printed boarding pass or mobile to board .

Edited by gbenjo
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Slight correction….seapass cards will be in stateroom, you will not get them at check in. Will need the barcode from your printed boarding pass or mobile to board .

Cool, it has been a few years. 

Is that new for Royal, or started back before lockdown?

24 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

I think the sea cards are out side of the cabin, on the letter box in a envelope.

3 hours ago, Chiliburn said:

You should get a WOW band each in your cabin and yes they will do everything a sea pass will do.

With a full suite you are entitled to a free WOW band,if it’s not in your cabin ask the cabin attendant.

I think the traclets where only in Singapore at the hight of the pandemic and have been scrapped.

Also the WOW band doesn’t track you .

Thank you for your speedy reply and information - much appreciated

3 hours ago, arxcards said:

Cool, it has been a few years. 

Is that new for Royal, or started back before lockdown?

Quantum class (  ie Ovation in Aust)  guests have always collected their seapass  cards from their staterooms, one outside the door  and the other(s)  inside  the room. From what I have seen, the whole fleet will be using a similar system although we only have Quantum class ships here this season

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Quantum class (  ie Ovation in Aust)  guests have always collected their seapass  cards from their staterooms, one outside the door  and the other(s)  inside  the room. From what I have seen, the whole fleet will be using a similar system although we only have Quantum class ships here this season

Oh yeah, I should have remembered. Ours were in our genie's coat pocket.

32 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Oh yeah, I should have remembered. Ours were in our genie's coat pocket.

Just curious, when you first met your genie, did he tell you what a great communicator you were. Heard this particular genie say it to every group he greeted.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Just curious, when you first met your genie, did he tell you what a great communicator you were. Heard this particular genie say it to every group he greeted.

Hmm, not that I can recall. I think that just translates to  - you replied to my email without a list of 20 things you want. I only had one wish, but he couldn't fulfil it anyway. It seems all the genies and concierges all send the same bloated email full of pasted info that is really hard to read. He wasn't particularly good as a pre-cruise communicator himself, but brilliant once we were on the ship.

I would have to fire up an old computer to find his name, but he sort of reminded me of a young version of Law and Order actor Benjamin Bratt, if that narrows it down a bit.

41 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Hmm, not that I can recall. I think that just translates to  - you replied to my email without a list of 20 things you want. I only had one wish, but he couldn't fulfil it anyway. It seems all the genies and concierges all send the same bloated email full of pasted info that is really hard to read. He wasn't particularly good as a pre-cruise communicator himself, but brilliant once we were on the ship.

I would have to fire up an old computer to find his name, but he sort of reminded me of a young version of Law and Order actor Benjamin Bratt, if that narrows it down a bit.

I cannot remember his name or what he looked like ( would probably remember if I saw him again)   He was around for the first  couple of genie seasons , but I always smiled when I heard his great communicator pitch with every new party……nothing to do with gratuities of course .😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, gbenjo said:

I cannot remember his name or what he looked like ( would probably remember if I saw him again)   He was around for the first  couple of genie seasons , but I always smiled when I heard his great communicator pitch with every new party……nothing to do with gratuities of course .😂

I loved how they all seemed so professional, but when the genies bumped into each other or the concierge, all they did was whinge about their lieges. That said though, I would jump at any opportunity of having a star class genie again.