Pepto Herbal Blend - Prevent Seasickness??

lakegirl16

Wondering if anyone has used Pepto Herbal Blend for seasickness prevention?  I am not overly prone to motion sickness but always have take Bonine to prevent it.  Would love a more natural product.  I know there's seasickness bands and patches, just really interested in comments on this product.  Thanks!!!

If you are not really prone to seasickness and Bonine handles it, there are, as noted, ginger options and I have posted elsewhere how to handle seasickness in general.  However,  you mentioned sea bands and patches.  The sea bands work for some people, and others don't get any benefit.  The patches are really a last resort medication, have all kinds of side effects for some people, and are a powerful medication.  Not something for someone who has it handled with something as mild as Bonine.

2 hours ago, lakegirl16 said:

Wondering if anyone has used Pepto Herbal Blend for seasickness prevention?  I am not overly prone to motion sickness but always have take Bonine to prevent it.  Would love a more natural product.

Looked up Pepto Herbal Blend(s). One is ginger&chamomile; that would be good for seasick. Have not used but have taken crystallized ginger on board. It's very cheap in the Asian department of some groceries (got mine at Sprouts). But if you don't like the flavor of ginger (which can be pretty intense!), the Pepto soft-gels would be a way to take some.

The other is peppermint&caraway; that would be good for any food related nausea: peppermint relaxes smooth muscles such as the spasms in the stomach that result in vomiting.

Of note: there is no Peptobismol (Bismuth subsalicylate) in either of these herbal blends!