Question for Anyone Currently on the Ruby Princess

partybarbie

@HaveDogWillTravel Thanks for the Patters. We board on Saturday, though totally different cruise since it's a California Coastal.

It appears that there was NO "party band" on board for your cruise....or did I miss that? Also, it looks like the Outrigger Bar at the aft of the ship was never open. 😒 I guess I'll be trying to use my App for drinks since that's our favorite area of the ship.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

@HaveDogWillTravel Thanks for the Patters. We board on Saturday, though totally different cruise since it's a California Coastal.

It appears that there was NO "party band" on board for your cruise....or did I miss that? Also, it looks like the Outrigger Bar at the aft of the ship was never open. 😒 I guess I'll be trying to use my App for drinks since that's our favorite area of the ship.

Looks like the party band is Golden Moon. Hoping they open Outrigger bar for our Hawaii cruise. 

• Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

🤣  awww man that's too bad. I would of like to get my money back on that Bengals and Cowboy's game

9 hours ago, partybarbie said:

Looks like the party band is Golden Moon. Hoping they open Outrigger bar for our Hawaii cruise. 

The aft bar has not been open even once since the restart. I do love that bar and have given up on hoping it would be open. I’ve sailed the Ruby a lot since last November. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

RE: Dance Bands

We like to ballroom dance on cruises.  We have always enjoyed the bands that played dance music in the Wheelhouse Bar in the evenings;  many of the bands would play requests for certain types of dances.  Also, we would enjoy free dancing late nights at the Explorer's Club to the sounds of the Top40/Motown/Rock bands.  We prefer dancing to live music than recorded. It appears from the latest Patter schedules posted that these dance sessions are now not nightly.  Perhaps such events have been curtailed or limited since COVID.  Thanks for letting us know if the evening band sessions/type of dance music offered on Princess cruises have changed!

On 9/26/2022 at 12:26 AM, HaveDogWillTravel said:

The aft bar has not been open even once since the restart. I do love that bar and have given up on hoping it would be open. I’ve sailed the Ruby a lot since last November. 

We were on the Ruby last week. Even though Outriggers was NEVER listed as being open, we found it was open nearly every day from about noon to 5. They said it was their first cruise being open since in Alaska they thought it might be too cool.

• Like 1