"We Pick Your Room" vs Guaranteed Ocean View Balcony (Navigator of the Seas)

hacim

I am looking at booking a cruise on the Navigator (I think that all balconies are ocean view). There is an option of "We pick your room" in the balcony category, AND in the "you pick your room" there is a "Ocean View Balcony Guarantee". What is the difference? The "We Pick Your Room" is $782 pp. You pick your room Balcony Guarantee is $968 pp, and to just choose a room is $1,009 pp. I do not understand the difference between The "We Pick" and the "You Pick - Guaranteed"

7 minutes ago, hacim said:

I am looking at booking a cruise on the Navigator (I think that all balconies are ocean view). There is an option of "We pick your room" in the balcony category, AND in the "you pick your room" there is a "Ocean View Balcony Guarantee". What is the difference? The "We Pick Your Room" is $782 pp. You pick your room Balcony Guarantee is $968 pp, and to just choose a room is $1,009 pp. I do not understand the difference between The "We Pick" and the "You Pick - Guaranteed"

The guarantee may be "Obstructed view" , or in a "Non-Ideal" location.

10 hours ago, FireEMT978 said:

The guarantee may be "Obstructed view" , or in a "Non-Ideal" location.

Pre-pandemic, the guarantee was that Royal would assign your cabin and it would not be an obstructed view.  Today, I'm not sure.  

Just now, nelblu said:

Pre-pandemic, the guarantee was that Royal would assign your cabin and it would not be an obstructed view.  Today, I'm not sure.  

On ships that have obstructed balconies, like Q class, the XB GTY could get you one of those pre COVID - there was no guarantee you wouldn't get one (and generally there was no GTY option to not get one). On Navigator there are no real obstructed balconies, so there's no issue in getting any balcony (other than poor location).

• Like 1