Specialty Dining Packages During Boarding/Day 1?

Milhouse

What's your recent experience around being offered (discounted?) specialty dining packages during boarding/Day 1?  Have you seen a stand/display set up to entice people boarding or exploring the ship to buy a package?

I'm trying to determine if I should buy a specialty dining package pre-cruise or during boarding/Day 1.  We're sailing on Solstice this November and it's been a while since we've been on X so I'm trying to get a feel for how things are nowadays.

• Like 1

On 9/26/2022 at 3:35 AM, Milhouse said:

I'm trying to determine if I should buy a specialty dining package pre-cruise or during boarding/Day 1. 

If you are buying a multi night package, they are typically cheaper precruise.  Just me, but I tend not to do specialty dining on the first night. Would rather be in the MDR with all the excited cruisers. Just me. But if you get a precruise package, get it for 1 night less than you want, the. You can aLways decide later whether to dine in a specialty restaurant the first nite, knowing that there are always deals for the first night on the ship. 

• Thanks 1

First night reservations can be booked pre cruise in the cruise planner at a discount.  Since they started offering the 1st night discount in the cruise planner we have not found a larger discount on the ship.  The advantage is you can pick your dining time, waiting until you are on board you will have fewer times available.

• Thanks 1

On 9/26/2022 at 4:35 AM, Milhouse said:

What's your recent experience around being offered (discounted?) specialty dining packages during boarding/Day 1?  Have you seen a stand/display set up to entice people boarding or exploring the ship to buy a package?

I'm trying to determine if I should buy a specialty dining package pre-cruise or during boarding/Day 1.  We're sailing on Solstice this November and it's been a while since we've been on X so I'm trying to get a feel for how things are nowadays.

I just find it so much easier and more organized to do anything I can do shoreside thus one less thing to do on my way to a stress free vacation.

• Like 1