Canada Lifting Covid Restrictions Oct 1

JT1962

We are leaving on our Canada/NE cruise out of Bayonne, NJ on the Adventure this Thursday 9/29/22. We won't be arriving in Canada until October 4th, I wonder why is RCL has not contacted us to let us know. Maybe it is because we set sail before Oct 1st? We are scheduled to do our OnPoint testing at midnight tonight, but it would have been nice if we didn't have to do it. Our ArriveCan is finished and printed out, now just to pass the covid test.

1 hour ago, bren61 said:

We are leaving on our Canada/NE cruise out of Bayonne, NJ on the Adventure this Thursday 9/29/22. We won't be arriving in Canada until October 4th, I wonder why is RCL has not contacted us to let us know. Maybe it is because we set sail before Oct 1st? We are scheduled to do our OnPoint testing at midnight tonight, but it would have been nice if we didn't have to do it. Our ArriveCan is finished and printed out, now just to pass the covid test.

Probably due to needing to do the  Test & ArriveCan prior to boarding the ship  the rules are still in effect

1 hour ago, bren61 said:

We are also on the 9/29 cruise.  I would expect clarification from RCCL soon if we need to test. No sense calling, no one will know until the  website is updated.  You could change your test date into Wednesday to buy time

2 hours ago, bren61 said:

We are on the QM2 and do need the Proctored Observed test and ArrivCanada for our whole trip.

I am not sure what ports you are visiting in Canada but we have had our Port of Call cancelled for Sydney NS on the QM2 due to severe damage by Tropical Storm Finona. We are not sure how it will affect Halifax which also sustained damage and is our last Port of Call to visit.

Sydney is heavily damaged and in recovery mode and other parts of the Canadian Martimes are also affected and in recovery mode. Communication with the Ports are at times in questions.

53 minutes ago, rjrpar said:

We are also on the 9/29 cruise.  I would expect clarification from RCCL soon if we need to test. No sense calling, no one will know until the  website is updated.  You could change your test date into Wednesday to buy time

Someone on the B2B on the ship now is being tested today for the second leg (Canada).   He said we still need to test and be vaccinated because our cruise is 29 Sep.   They told him on board it didn't matter that we don't get there until 4 Oct because it's not for cruises before 1 Oct.   Not happy either about it but we just got an e-mail from Royal this morning reminding us we need to fill out ArrCan.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BklynBoy8 said:

I am not sure what ports you are visiting in Canada but we have had our Port of Call cancelled for Sydney NS on the QM2 due to severe damage by Tropical Storm Finona. We are not sure how it will affect Halifax which also sustained damage and is our last Port of Call to visit.

Sydney is heavily damaged and in recovery mode and other parts of the Canadian Martimes are also affected and in recovery mode. Communication with the Ports are at times in questions.

Cape Breton got slammed  some still without power

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/fiona-storm-damage-photos-nova-scotia-1.6595229