Heads up-Requirements change- proctored tests no longer required for Canada trip 10/3/22

nicky6425

Please read the new requirements today for the Canada cruise for 12 nights....self tests required only! I  just read it on their website. I'm not happy because Celebrity sent me an email yesterday saying to buy the Proctored E-Med kits, which I did....for no good reason . I have a ton of free covid test kits. Just trying to have people check requirements before they waste  money...

1 hour ago, nicky6425 said:

Please read the new requirements today for the Canada cruise for 12 nights....self tests required only! I  just read it on their website. I'm not happy because Celebrity sent me an email yesterday saying to buy the Proctored E-Med kits, which I did....for no good reason . I have a ton of free covid test kits. Just trying to have people check requirements before they waste  money...

Unfortunately a little research would have shown that you could have done a proctored test using your free test kits.

There is a thread going about On Point testing.

Sounds like you are doing the Canada and NE cruise, one of my favorite itineraries, enjoy 😊 

2 hours ago, Purplsmurf said:

Same has changed for those going to Greece!

Greece and Canada were the hold outs......I wonder when mandatory back to back testing by ship personnel will stop......because theoretically, if only a non-monitored test is needed to board the ship in the first place, then you should be able to do a non-monitored test for the next leg, if you are back to back - test on your own with your at home test in your cabin and present the test results - same exact thing that you had to do to board.  

1 hour ago, lovecruzin said:

Unfortunately a little research would have shown that you could have done a proctored test using your free test kits.

There is a thread going about On Point testing.

Sounds like you are doing the Canada and NE cruise, one of my favorite itineraries, enjoy 😊 

I did originally try to set up an appt. with On Point testing....but it was difficult to get thru on the phone, and they didn't  answer my emails. I started feeling they were really not reliable and I didn't; want to chance it.

26 minutes ago, RichYak said:

Bermuda says "Hold my Rum Swizzle" 

OOPs, silly me, totally forgot about Bermuda!  😨  So then, seems like Bermuda is the last hold out for testing.....not to mention their $40 fees!  But, plenty of threads about that already, so I won't digress!