Any Vista cruises cancelled?

debbyma

We were on onboard Regatta earlier this month and asked the Oceania Club Ambassador if he anticipated any further delays that would cause O to cancel more Vista cruises and he said 'definitely no'.  We hope he is right as we are looking forward to our June cruise onboard Vista and just booked our air tickets!

I will admit to being very nervous about further cancellations.  I'm booked on the late May 2023 Vista cruise that is now the inaugural.  I wish Oceania would release photos/videos of the Vista so we can see  that the ship build is progressing well.  I may have missed something, but the last visual I had was at the time the ship was floated out.

Having been booked on two new ships pre covid that were not delivered on time, I worry that the lack of transparency means further delays to the Vista.

It is so hard to plan with confidence.  

• Like 2

On 9/28/2022 at 6:52 PM, WESTEAST said:

We were on onboard Regatta earlier this month and asked the Oceania Club Ambassador if he anticipated any further delays that would cause O to cancel more Vista cruises and he said 'definitely no'.  We hope he is right as we are looking forward to our June cruise onboard Vista and just booked our air tickets!

An Oceania VP lied straight up to Jancruz on this topic not long ago. I unfortunately booked my airfare based on that lie. Guessing that both Jancruz and her VP friend are higher in the pecking order than you, I have little faith in what any OCA said on the subject. If they’ll blatantly lie to Jancruz, then???Time will tell on the ship’s status.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

An Oceania VP lied straight up to Jancruz on this topic not long ago. I unfortunately booked my airfare based on that lie. Guessing that both Jancruz and her VP friend are higher in the pecking order than you, I have little faith in what any OCA said on the subject. If they’ll blatantly lie to Jancruz, then???Time will tell on the ship’s status.

Agree but just posted what we were told and trying to remain positive as we too have our air booked.

• 2 weeks later...

Have not seen or heard of any updates on Vista. Usually someone will post pictures from the shipyard but haven’t seen anything. 

Would be nice to get an official update (not I heard this from someone) for those of us booked for Summer 2023.