Caution, Celebrity has dropped my OBC $600 due to retreat error

SophosEMT

8 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

They cancel purchases to make it balance. Same thing happens when TA OBC is given and the guest changes the rate which results in lower OBC. 

Yes they do when they catch it and the fine print always says, Celebrity Cruises reserves the right to correct any errors or omissions. 

Edited by LGW59

22 hours ago, Susanb10567 said:

There has been a lot of technical/IT issues including flights by Celebrity, no luggage tags, not being able to pay off my cruise due to a invalid TA number in their system, charge on my account that they couldn’t tell me what it was. 

I guess if I like the onboard experience I need to expect these inconveniences…but I would think they would do better in getting their act together.

To be fair, it seems like your TA has had a hand in your frustration, and it's the airlines that have been causing much of the problems seen via Flights by Celebrity. I completely agree, though, that getting the automated "pay up or be cancelled" email without further explanation is rather jarring. 

I was fortunate enough to benefit from the onboard experience. We're on Equinox right now. I told one of the Retreat Concierges what happened and showed her the most recent invoice. That was yesterday morning at about 9 AM. She was able to contact the appropriate shoreside folks, and everything was set right before I was done with my first martini yesterday evening.

So, it can be rectified. We booked through Celebrity rather than through a TA, so we could handle it more directly.