Caution, Celebrity has dropped my OBC $600 due to retreat error

SophosEMT

5 hours ago, jelayne said:

What is the amount of OBC that showed on your Booking Confirmation when you booked?  That is the amount you are due.  
I got the email with what I thought was an inflated amount checked  my confirmation knew it was an error.

I do not have a "booking confirmation" that I know of. I booked Costco Travel and have docs from them. Have never received anything from Celebrity until the OBC email 3 days ago. When booking the TA could not even tell me the OBC amount I would get for Retreat room.

Even the doc from Costco says: "Additional Shipboard Credit (per guest, up to four guests)"

On celebrity I can't view or print travel docs or Xpas..

So how would I know the $1700 they showed me was not correct. Where do they even get the $1100 figure they give me now?

4 minutes ago, SophosEMT said:

I do not have a "booking confirmation" that I know of. I booked Costco Travel and have docs from them. Have never received anything from Celebrity until the OBC email 3 days ago. When booking the TA could not even tell me the OBC amount I would get for Retreat room.

Even the doc from Costco says: "Additional Shipboard Credit (per guest, up to four guests)"

So how would I know the $1700 they showed me was not correct. Where do they even get the $1100 figure they give me now?

For future reference,  ask before booking and get written confirmation of everything you are supposed to get.

I know prior to booking what my perks are and I make sure that's what I get once booked.   

🍹

6 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

When you book, all of the OBC you are entitled to will show on your Celebrity Booking Confirmation.  That is the amount to go by.  If there was a price adjustment (if applicable) you would know the amount and it wouldn't be unexpected.  

If I knew I was getting $1,100.00 OBC and $1,700.00 magically appeared, I would not use the extra money, especially knowing how Celebrity is with IT issues.  If I knew I was getting $1,700.00 and it changed to $1,100.00 without booking anything for $600.00 then I would be on the phone with my Booking Confirmation in front of me to get it corrected.  

OBC magically appearing = do NOT spend unless you know it is valid.  😉

If the $1,100.00 included the original $600.00 Retreat OBC, then Celebrity did not drop your $600.00.  They just accidentally added an extra $600.00 and then took it back when the mistake was realized.  

🍹

Are people assuming that I knew the $1700 was an incorrect number? Because I was shocked it was so high, but had no idea what amount would be included since I don't have a "Celebrity Booking Confirmation" to reference. I don't even know how/why they have arrived at the $1100 figure.

My costco confirmation email shows Additional Shipboard Credit (per guest, up to four guests)

6 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

When you book, all of the OBC you are entitled to will show on your Celebrity Booking Confirmation.  That is the amount to go by.  If there was a price adjustment (if applicable) you would know the amount and it wouldn't be unexpected.  

If I knew I was getting $1,100.00 OBC and $1,700.00 magically appeared, I would not use the extra money, especially knowing how Celebrity is with IT issues.  If I knew I was getting $1,700.00 and it changed to $1,100.00 without booking anything for $600.00 then I would be on the phone with my Booking Confirmation in front of me to get it corrected.  

OBC magically appearing = do NOT spend unless you know it is valid.  😉

If the $1,100.00 included the original $600.00 Retreat OBC, then Celebrity did not drop your $600.00.  They just accidentally added an extra $600.00 and then took it back when the mistake was realized.  

🍹

5 minutes ago, PinkSandGirl said:

For future reference,  ask before booking and get written confirmation of everything you are supposed to get.

I know prior to booking what my perks are and I make sure that's what I get once booked.   

🍹

Removed double comment 🙂

To the second comment I did specifically ask and they didn't know. My doc still says the above which is all the agent could quote to me.

Do I need to be calling and ask for a Celebrity Booking Confirmation? 

Edited by SophosEMT
removed double comment

Thanks for everyones comments! Knowing I'm not the only one in this "boat" is a bit of a relief. Hopefully we can push for better communication so when IT errors happen in the future we can have better knowledge of the situation.

8 minutes ago, SophosEMT said:

Removed double comment 🙂

To the second comment I did specifically ask and they didn't know. My doc still says the above which is all the agent could quote to me.

Do I need to be calling and ask for a Celebrity Booking Confirmation? 

When I've booked with a travel agent, I still received a Celebrity Booking Confirmation that has everything listed.  

My travel agent Confirmation had everything listed as well. 

I made sure I was getting everything I was entitled to.  😉

🍹

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The TA that the OP booked with doesn’t provide  booking confirmation fromCelebrity.( been there done that) the OP needs to check the invoices  from the TA and the OBC that shows on that invoice. That is what the TA needs to make sure they get from X

• Like 2

My TA has confirmed that they are saying it was an IT error and they are not returning the "extra" $600.  

Just curious....

If I made a mistake and accidentally booked a cruise under a nonrefundable deposit when I meant to book refundable....and then needed to cancel, would Celebrity be as understanding when I claimed that I made a mistake?  

• Like 1

There certainly is something odd going on. We had $800 OBC for a future booking (all expected for various reasons). It was even there this morning when we looked into pricing an upgrade. About 20-30 minutes or so later, I get emails about having a balance due for cruise purchases. I looked at the reservation again and all $800 was gone. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SophosEMT said:

Your big box TA has a long history of incomplete/incorrect booking issues.

Celebrity ALWAYS issues a booking confirmation with all the details.  You just don't have yours.  This is why you talk to agents to have things done properly.

Edited by Arizona Wildcat
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Susanb10567 said:

It goes back beyond that..it was showing in my account right after I booked it while I was on the Edge on the 9/3 cruise. 

I didn't notice it in mine until the IT glitch and then I checked and found it on all my booking going out as fare as 2024.    I figured it was a glitch and just ignored it.   Maybe they took down the system due to the error ---LOL

Just got two more emails from Celebrity… now it seems they want me to pay more than the amount I should owe…like they wiped out all of my OBC….this is getting ridiculous.

I am a fairly new Celebrity cruiser….but I have truly loved the onboard Retreat experience and it has become my go to line became Elite recently …as my daughter was growing up we sailed mostly Disney …18 of them all through Europe, the Caribbean and Alaska.

Disney IT is not good but I never ran into these types of errors that  diminish the guest experience…maybe I was lucky. 

There has been a lot of technical/IT issues including flights by Celebrity, no luggage tags, not being able to pay off my cruise due to a invalid TA number in their system, charge on my account that they couldn’t tell me what it was. 

I guess if I like the onboard experience I need to expect these inconveniences…but I would think they would do better in getting their act together.

A simple email explaining what happened instead of getting random emails with varied amounts to pay would of done a world of good. I would cancel some of my dining and excursions…but some I want to keep especially the ones that were bought at discounts…

3 hours ago, Susanb10567 said:

Just got two more emails from Celebrity… now it seems they want me to pay more than the amount I should owe…like they wiped out all of my OBC….this is getting ridiculous.

I am a fairly new Celebrity cruiser….but I have truly loved the onboard Retreat experience and it has become my go to line became Elite recently …as my daughter was growing up we sailed mostly Disney …18 of them all through Europe, the Caribbean and Alaska.

Disney IT is not good but I never ran into these types of errors that  diminish the guest experience…maybe I was lucky. 

There has been a lot of technical/IT issues including flights by Celebrity, no luggage tags, not being able to pay off my cruise due to a invalid TA number in their system, charge on my account that they couldn’t tell me what it was. 

I guess if I like the onboard experience I need to expect these inconveniences…but I would think they would do better in getting their act together.

A simple email explaining what happened instead of getting random emails with varied amounts to pay would of done a world of good. I would cancel some of my dining and excursions…but some I want to keep especially the ones that were bought at discounts…

This board will be of no help. You need to contact your TA asap! This is not an ideal situation nor one I've experienced. I believe at this point it's up to who you booked with, to figure all this out.

I understand your frustration, 

Patty

Edited by cw2go

18 hours ago, SophosEMT said:

Are people assuming that I knew the $1700 was an incorrect number? Because I was shocked it was so high, but had no idea what amount would be included since I don't have a "Celebrity Booking Confirmation" to reference. I don't even know how/why they have arrived at the $1100 figure.

My costco confirmation email shows Additional Shipboard Credit (per guest, up to four guests)

I am totally shocked that your TA invoice and confirmation lists a TBD item. I have never used this particular company, but I have use other TA’s.  I always get an invoice/confirmation listing ever single item in detail.

• Like 1

Count us in the same position! Booked some time ago for a cruise in January in a Sky suite on the Solstice and the TA said we had $700 from X plus $300 from the TA. However, the booking was showing $1300 from X until a couple days ago when it dropped to $700 without explanation.

Celebrity is not making a lot of friends with this shenanigans...

I'm so far, so good...

Does anyone know, did X really do a $600 promo in early August? I was unaware of it but it appears that must be what I got...maybe...

Who needs this?🤨

My invoice shows the higher OBC number…I feel if that is the case I kind of believe they should be sending out updated invoices with the lower OBC  and apologizing for their error instead of sending out emails asking for money in two days or your plans will be canceled…

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Susanb10567 said:

My invoice shows the higher OBC number…I feel if that is the case I kind of believe they should be sending out updated invoices with the lower OBC  and apologizing for their error instead of sending out emails asking for money in two days or your plans will be canceled…

If your invoice states the higher OBC that's what you should be getting. 

• Like 1

On 9/29/2022 at 4:37 PM, Susanb10567 said:

It goes back beyond that..it was showing in my account right after I booked it while I was on the Edge on the 9/3 cruise. 

Yes mine also. First it showed the correct amount $800.00 then it went up to $1,600.00, then it went back down to $800.00 then again up to $1,600.00 all over about 30 days. Today its $776.00?? I have always know the correct amount is $800.00.

11 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

When you see something like this spend it immediately in the cruise planner before it drops off.

They cancel purchases to make it balance. Same thing happens when TA OBC is given and the guest changes the rate which results in lower OBC.