Lobster Night

AviationInScale

On 10/11/2023 at 5:14 PM, JJNorsk said:

I use lobster as a benchmark to check to see what cruise lines are better than the others as far as food is concerned.

There should be one lobster night in the main dining room on all good cruise ships.

As far as I understand, many cruise lines do not do this. 

They are:

NCL, RCCL, Carnival, Costa.

It should not matter how many days you cruise to get lobster in the main dining room.

On every 6+ night cruise on every ship in the Carnival fleet, lobster is served.

As far as comparing lines, if you're talking about the US based ones, RCI, Carnival, MSC and NCL would be entry level, with Celebrity, Princess, and HAL being an upgrade.

On 10/3/2022 at 1:53 PM, CruizinSusan70 said:

That's why I'm on this board and have to deal with some posters that have blinders on.  It's a very small price to pay in order to be educated about the Prima and also pay it forward at times.

Yep, probably for most of us 😉

i cant believe that someone would actually use lobster/no lobster as a benchmark to book a cruise.

i look for price, itinerary, cabin availability. aren't those considerations much more important then whether or not you can get a lobster on any given night at sea? besides, most of the time even if its offered, its just the tail and not the entire lobster, and sometimes the tail looks more like a shrimp on steroids.

we have sailed ncl from many foreign ports, and i would rather sail from those ports, then care if one night i may have lobster.  by the way, choice between filet mignon and lobster tail, no brainer...steak wins, hands down, cagneys or le bistro.... here i come!

2 hours ago, complawyer said:

i cant believe that someone would actually use lobster/no lobster as a benchmark to book a cruise.

i look for price, itinerary, cabin availability. aren't those considerations much more important then whether or not you can get a lobster on any given night at sea? besides, most of the time even if its offered, its just the tail and not the entire lobster, and sometimes the tail looks more like a shrimp on steroids.

we have sailed ncl from many foreign ports, and i would rather sail from those ports, then care if one night i may have lobster.  by the way, choice between filet mignon and lobster tail, no brainer...steak wins, hands down, cagneys or le bistro.... here i come!

Right.

I said that here over 2 days ago.

"Shrimp on steroids" - a new classic.

17 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

I must admit.....I loved it.  but I'm a pervert at heart :)

In case you're interested, Carnival has made a few changes over the past year regarding tail.  It's still on 6+ night cruises, but it's now on the second "elegant" night.  And you're limited to two for free.  Anymore costs you $5.00 each.  Unless of course your significant other only eats 1 entree, then you could eat a third tail from them.  Or anyone else in your party for that matter.

5 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

In case you're interested, Carnival has made a few changes over the past year regarding tail.  It's still on 6+ night cruises, but it's now on the second "elegant" night.  And you're limited to two for free.  Anymore costs you $5.00 each.  Unless of course your significant other only eats 1 entree, then you could eat a third tail from them.  Or anyone else in your party for that matter.

thanks.  whereas I'm very much a tail man, lobster is really "meh" to me.  If you had told me they had all you eat crabs (crabs, not crab legs) I would sign up immediately :) 

• Haha 1