Solarium Bistro

2 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

The baklava is the main reason I go to the Solarium Bistro at dinner time.  I have been asked, when I enter late, if I am only coming in for dessert. 😉  😄 

There is no charge for dinner in the Solarium Bistro, unless you order one of the two (3?) upcharge entrees.

My take on the Solarium Bistro is that it is, supposedly, an up-scale buffet with up-charge items available.  I know the few times I've been there on the Allure and Symphony (maybe even the Oasis, I just can't remember that), I've always noticed and went through the several buffet stations there (No, I wasn't lost and wound up in the Windjammer 😜🤪). 

Oh man, I sure hope all this talk about the Baklava and how good it is in the Solarium Bistro doesn't cause a run on the stuff.  When I get there, there may not be any left.  😁.  Maybe we should have kept it a secret. 

1 minute ago, island lady said:

I guess healthy was not a big draw for pax.  

LOL, I don't think so, not on a cruise vacation for most folks, I guess.

I know I lose a lot of weight pre-cruise just so I can gain it back again on a cruise.  😁

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, island lady said:

I used to love the healthy alternative selections in the Solarium....now ...pretty much a scaled down version of the WJ....IMHO.  

My absolute favorite at lunch  was the Gazpacho "bar", where you added whichever chopped things you desired.  I miss that.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, island lady said:

I used to love the healthy alternative selections in the Solarium....now ...pretty much a scaled down version of the WJ....IMHO.  

Wasn't that during the Devinly Decadence days (at least on Quantum/Anthem)?

For me, while on a cruise, a healthy choice is picking between a Donut or a Beer.  My healthy choice, while I'm sitting in Sorrentos eating my 4th piece of extra pepperoni and cheese pizza, is to pick the beer to drink right away and save the donut for breakfast, maybe. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

For me, while on a cruise, a healthy choice is picking between a Donut or a Beer.  My healthy choice, while I'm sitting in Sorrentos eating my 4th piece of extra pepperoni and cheese pizza, is to pick the beer to drink right away and save the donut for breakfast, maybe. 

My healthy choice is to choose vodka + diet soda over a beer.   My alternative to a donut is the rum old fashioned.  

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

My healthy choice is to choose vodka + diet soda over a beer.   My alternative to a donut is the rum old fashioned.  

WOW, that's great!  How much did you pay for that diet advice?

3 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

And I thank you for that!  

Go Army!

And I thank you for your service. 

Go Navy.  Beat Army !

p.s. we have a birthday coming up in two days -- 247 years young.  

Edited by DaKahuna
  • Haha 1