Bug in the shorex booking system for connector (back2back) cruises

WriterOnDeck

I just boarded the Westerdam for a 51-day connector voyage: 36 days to Sydney and then 15 days to New Zealand.

I had waited to book some shore excursions until on board so I could use my rather large onboard credit. Imagine my surprise when I learned that the shorex department here cannot book any tours in the second segment (NZ) until the first one ends. I cannot book on the Navigator app, and can't get into the HAL website to book because I'm already on the cruise. The shorex manager said it was the same for folks on the B2Bs in Alaska. Those who haven't boarded yet can book the NZ segments; for us, the tours don't even show up on the Navigator app.

I'm just putting this out there as a tip for others.

• Thanks 3

Yes, we ran into that issue on a back to back in December 2019.  I wrote after our cruise about it to customer service or on my review (can’t remember) but wasn’t happy about it.  It was 2 booking numbers but didn’t matter.  

Edited by canadianbear

7 hours ago, DaveOKC said:

My Feb cruise is booked under 2 different numbers but now they are offering it as a 14 day cruise as well.  I wonder if that will make a difference?

When we had the 2 booking numbers when on board at turn around day we got a card on our bed about it being a Collector voyage.  I went to the Neptune concierge & said it isn’t, was booked as 2 separate bookings with 2 different numbers.    Usually a collector cruise is a bit cheaper etc but this wasn’t.