Warning for interstate seniors using NSW OPAL Seniors Card

2 minutes ago, rkmw said:

In regards to our QLD  Senior Go card if you use your pensions concession card it expires when your concession card expires but if you use your QLD Seniors card it expires at 10 years

Yes I hear them saying it never expires but I think that is for NSW people.  

My daughter just used her credit card which was convenient for a short visit, but that is only for adult fares.

On 10/7/2022 at 8:46 AM, windsor26 said:

Visited the new airport and asked that question about private cost and was advised that at present the airport train line would be on the sydney transport ownership and no extra levy required!!!!!

Just to backtrack  the OP advised their senior card had expired?  Ours does not need renewing  is this a Queensland thing??

No not my Queensland Senior Card  I thought it might have been my Commonwealth Low Income Card which had expired, but it wasn't 

The Govt is getting the surcharge now. 

3 minutes ago, lucymorgan said:

What a mess - hope it gets sorted out!

Me too.  Only a fortnight to go.  Not travelling as much as I usually do, but weather is not great.  If all else fails, I have an adult card, as we used to have to buy an adult card to get from the airport to central station to buy our Seniors OPAL cards. I've always lost money because Seniors OPAL cards used to expire.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Me too.  Only a fortnight to go.  Not travelling as much as I usually do, but weather is not great.  If all else fails, I have an adult card, as we used to have to buy an adult card to get from the airport to central station to buy our Seniors OPAL cards. I've always lost money because Seniors OPAL cards used to expire.  

If you (or anyone reading) happen to be an NRMA member they have an offer too on the Manly Fast Ferry https://www.mynrma.com.au/benefits/my-fast-ferry/opal-card 

Edited by lucymorgan

3 minutes ago, lucymorgan said:

If you (or anyone reading) happen to be an NRMA member they have an offer too on the Manly Fast Ferry https://www.mynrma.com.au/benefits/my-fast-ferry/opal-card 

Thank you  That is good to know, esp if you are short of time on a cruise.  Manly and Watson's Bay are musts on all my visits  I love Sydney Harbour and its harbourside walks. 

4 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Thank you  That is good to know, esp if you are short of time on a cruise.  Manly and Watson's Bay are musts on all my visits  I love Sydney Harbour and its harbourside walks. 

Your welcome. $2.80 for offpeak seniors fare is well worth it!

"Off-peak special

Members get a special offer of 23% off* one-way (Manly-Circular Quay, or vice versa, only) off-peak weekday and weekend fares.

Over 60? You can now get a special offer of $2.80 on one-way fares during off-peak and weekend trips from Circular Quay to Manly, or vice versa."

Edited by lucymorgan

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2022 at 5:40 PM, MMDown Under said:

I used my credit card again the other day and I just checked my bank account.

On a Thursday during the day ,no concession.

Richmond to Central $1.   Central to Richmond $1

22 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I used my credit card again the other day and I just checked my bank account.

On a Thursday during the day ,no concession.

Richmond to Central $1.   Central to Richmond $1

What a bargain.  Cheaper than daily concession, if you didn't do any further travels.  

13 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

What a bargain.  Cheaper than daily concession, if you didn't do any further travels.  

I wonder how long it will last.

Richmond to central is about a hour ,way cheaper than car . 
Tolls are close to $20 each way , fuel, parking, not to mention stress.

52 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I wonder how long it will last.

Richmond to central is about a hour ,way cheaper than car . 
Tolls are close to $20 each way , fuel, parking, not to mention stress.

Wow that is even better.  I didn't realise it was so far. Cheap and convenient.  My daughter used her credit card when she was in Sydney. I'll have to get her to check her cc bills.