Podium Lectures - What Cruises and how are they advertised?

cgolf1

We have been on 2 Celebrity cruises so far, Caribbean so fairly routine, but are really curious about the podium lectures that we hear about? Are they itinerary based, or luck of the draw if someone is available and wants to be on that cruise? Our next cruise is the one lock in and then back out Panama Canal and I hope they have these available during that trip. That said I wish they did these all the time, we like learning different things and had a couple on DCL when we used to cruise on that line, especially on the Hawaii trip that were amazing.

I've found it to be hit or miss. It may depend on the availability of speakers for each sailing and/or itinerary. A 10 nt cruise last year with more sea days had several of these planned but my last cruise was 7 nt/port heavy and I don't recall seeing any scheduled.

More likely on longer cruises with multiple sea days.  Once upon a time a long long time ago Celebrity published the list of upcoming speakers but they haven’t done that for years.  Look in the daily program for beyond the podium speaker

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, motherchic said:

We have had them on our TA's also on our Panama Canal cruise.

I believe its the luck of the draw as to who the speakers are. We have enjoyed many

We were fortunate to have David McCullough (Path Between the Seas) on one of our Panama transits.  Right up there with Maxton-Graham as the best we've ever heard.  SRO for each.

• Like 2

Thanks everyone for the replies, really looking forward to the PC at least going through one lock. Our favorite near to home vaca spot is the great river road and visit all the locks and dams along the way.