New AMEX Offer

Petersonfcu

Forgive me as I just got my platinum card this week.  When you say it showed up what does that mean?   I have a cruise booked and need to make final payment in Nov.  If i use the Amex card I get 350 back for spending 1K?  Thanks

12 minutes ago, jcollin said:

Forgive me as I just got my platinum card this week.  When you say it showed up what does that mean?   I have a cruise booked and need to make final payment in Nov.  If i use the Amex card I get 350 back for spending 1K?  Thanks

Login to your AMEX account.  Scroll down to see your offers.  If the NCL  offer is there, click on the "Add to Card" button.

I copied the fine print below.  Sometimes these offers are only good on new reservations.  But I am not sure how to read the  current NCL offer.

Enrollment limited. Must first add offer to Card and then use same Card to redeem. Only U.S.-issued American Express® Cards are eligible. Limit 1 enrolled Card per Card Member across all American Express offer channels. Your enrollment of an eligible American Express Card for this offer extends only to that Card. You must first add offer to an eligible Card by 10/14/2022 and then use same Card to make one or more qualifying purchases totaling $1000 or more for reservations booked online via US website only at NCL.com, via phone at 1-888-438-7114 or through your preferred travel advisor by 12/31/2022. Offer valid for reservations booked online via US website only at NCL.com, via phone at 1-888-438-7114 or through your preferred travel advisor by 12/31/2022. Excludes purchases onboard, Norwegian gift cards, shore excursions and transportation to and from the ship. Offer is non-transferable. Valid only on purchases made in US dollars. Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member. You may not receive the statement credit if we receive inaccurate information or are otherwise unable to identify your purchase as qualifying for the offer. For example, you may not receive the statement credit if (a) the merchant uses a third-party to sell their products or services; or (b) the merchant uses a third-party to process or submit your transaction to us (e.g., using mobile or wireless card readers); or (c) you choose to make a purchase using a third-party payment account or make a purchase using a mobile or digital wallet. Purchases may fall outside of the offer period in some cases due to a delay in merchants submitting transactions to us or if the purchase date differs from the date you made the transaction (for example, the purchase date for online orders may be the shipping date). Statement credit will appear on your billing statement within 90 days after 12/31/2022, provided that American Express receives information from the merchant about your qualifying purchase. Note that American Express may not receive information about your qualifying purchase from merchant until all items/services from your qualifying purchase have been shipped/provided by merchant. Statement credit may be reversed if qualifying purchase is returned/cancelled. If American Express does not receive information that identifies your purchase as qualifying for the offer, you will not receive the statement credit. Limit 1 enrolled Card per American Express Card online account. The enrolled Card account must be active, not past due, canceled, or have a returned payment outstanding to receive the statement credit. Any benefit earned from this offer is in addition to the rewards (i.e. Membership Rewards or cash back) earned as part of your existing Card benefits, but your ability to earn spend-based rewards for the purchase will be based on the amount after any statement credit or other discount is applied. Amex Offers are available for varying and limited periods of time and are dynamic and personalized. If you navigate away from the Amex Offers page, you may see different offers when you return. For questions regarding your Card Account, please call the number on the back of your Card. By adding an offer to a Card, you agree that American Express may send you communications about the offer. POID: K4F5:0001

• Like 1

It looks to be offered fairly broadly, just checked by AMEX Cash and I had it as well. short enrollment window though, enroll by 10/14 use by 12/31. I know when it popped up a couple of months ago it was a lot more targeted and appeared to only go out to AMEX plat holders. Wahoo! makes the upgrade to FAS Plus a lot easier of a decision

Saw it on one of my AMEX card.  Will this work if I use this AMEX card to bid on a room upgrade ?  My cruise is already paid for. The cruise is less than 30 days away. 

If the bid wasn't accepted will it work to cover onboard charges ? 

Edited by mister_two

3 minutes ago, Petersonfcu said:

I copied the fine print below.  Sometimes these offers are only good on new reservations.  But I am not sure how to read the  current NCL offer.

Luckily I haven't come across one that is only good for new reservations yet. that would be a bummer as the time they pop up has never lined up for me to use while looking at a new booking. This will be my third time using it. First was for payment towards an existing res. Second was to purchase Cruise first certs which I then applied to existing res. got the rebate both times without any issues. This time I will likely use for the FAS Plus upgrade for my upcoming 11 day. It makes swallowing $1100 a lot easier 🙂

The offer from AmEx will show up in some people's account as a Reward Offer and not others.

It's not random, but I don't know how they decide how and when it shows up. You just have to look on your AmEx account every now and then.

The way I use it is to pay down the remaining balance on a future cruise booking by what ever the amount is.

I believe you may be able to use it to pre-pay your gratuities.

For bookings made on or after April 1, 2022, that prepay their service charges before their sail date:

• $20.00 USD per person per day for The Haven and Suites;
  • $18.00 USD per person per day for Club Balcony Suite;
  • $16.00 USD per person per day for all other stateroom types

Typically I'll use my NCL BoA card for all NCL related purchases, but when this deal comes up I'll use my AmEx for the $1k purchase.

Safe travels,

- WYB

Screen Shot 2022-10-07 at 11.36.41 AM.png

Edited by WYB!
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mister_two said:

Saw it on one of my AMEX card.  Will this work if I use this AMEX card to bid on a room upgrade ?  My cruise is already paid for. It cruise is less than 30 days away. 

If the bid wasn't accepted will it work to cover onboard charges ? 

No on the onboard charges: Excludes purchases onboard, Norwegian gift cards, shore excursions and transportation to and from the ship

For the upgrade-maybe maybe not-it would depend on how it is coded, but it certainly can't hurt to try if your bid is over $1,000, but I would expect it not to apply

Thank you!  I utilized a $250 credit about a month ago.  Made a partial payment toward my cruise that qualified.  My final payment is due 10/21 and I can now get a $350 credit.  $600 saved for using AmEx is not a bad deal.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, NYMama said:

Thank you!  I utilized a $250 credit about a month ago.  Made a partial payment toward my cruise that qualified.  My final payment is due 10/21 and I can now get a $350 credit.  $600 saved for using AmEx is not a bad deal.

That is a Decent chunk of $$. Did you also book through an AMEX TA to get the platinum benefits (if that is the card type you have)? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 603NHCruiser said:

That is a Decent chunk of $$. Did you also book through an AMEX TA to get the platinum benefits (if that is the card type you have)? 

I booked directly through NCL.  I do not have an AMEX Platinum card.  I am considering it though.  Now that my kids are old enough to appreciate travel, I plan to travel more.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vacationlover2 said:

Thanks!!!  My husband and I both have the card, so we will get $700 off our March cruise!!!

Make sure you dbl check, if you are not familiar with the T&Cs - if you are and already know, just ignore me 😁

*Limit of 1 statement credit per Card Member

*Limit 1 enrolled Card per American Express Card online account

If you and your husband share an account and one of you is listed as an additional card holder, it may not work. Sounds like you need two separate accounts (which you may)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vacationlover2 said:

Thanks!!!  My husband and I both have the card, so we will get $700 off our March cruise!!!

You used to be able to do that. (We once did that on a Carnival Corporation credit used for a Holland America cruise.) But I believe AMEX no longer allows that. It will probably disappear on once card when used on the other.

33 minutes ago, NYMama said:

Yep, I used an offer a while ago and now have this one-I don't see in the terms that we would not be eligible for the new offer as well,

My final payment is not due until January, but I will pay $1k in Dec to get this

Please report back if you do not get the second credit later this month

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jcollin said:

You'll have many special offers on the Amex website, which you'll need to opt into.  What one person has may or may not apply to someone else because of the way it's targeted.  I make it a point to check for offers every week or so.

2 hours ago, ontheweb said:

You used to be able to do that. (We once did that on a Carnival Corporation credit used for a Holland America cruise.) But I believe AMEX no longer allows that. It will probably disappear on once card when used on the other.

If you and your spouse each have separate AMEX cards in one name alone then  the offers on the two cards can be used independently and usage on one  card will not cause the offer to  disappear  on the other card.  It is for  this  reason,  and others, that my wife and I never do joint card applications and we never add each other as authorized users to each other's cards.

I literally just paid up a cruise yesterday. So of course this appears today. Went through all my cards before paying to make sure none had a rebate offer. I have awesome luck!

We're considering the plus upgrade but not sure I can hit 1k or if it counts if we pay for upgrades with the card.

So if I book a cruise in advance and put down $1000+ deposit, if I need to cancel the cruise 6 months later before final payment is due will they chase me down for the $350? Not trying to game their system (although it seems gameable) but we're thinking of doing Alaska next year, and plans sometimes change. We were originally booked to do Alaska this year, but changed it to a Mexican Riviera since we needed to reschedule the Alaskan one due to a wedding.

Edited by Grimix
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, debenson0723 said:

This does not appear to be available on AmEx branded cards (such as the Delta Platinum card). It typically isn't and I did not see it offered when I checked just now.

It appear on my Amex gold card, but not on Delta branded Amex card. When you click on view all offers, some offers appear on both cards.