Smoking now allowed on Venture

twodjs

On 10/8/2022 at 4:54 PM, Jimmycruiser said:

In public spaces in the US, smokers can still find areas to smoke without going very far, just not inside public buildings or outside in heavy foot traffic areas. On a ship you have no place to go to smoke if you choose to and as previously stated you can ignore the areas on a ship where limited smoking is allowed. Besides, Seabourn expedition ships are the only ships that attempted to ban smoking and none of the other expedition ships have attempted to ban it because I think they found it affected sales. Many smokers would not go on a cruise that banned smoking.

I do understand being upset at Seabourn promising a non smoking policy but then changed it’s policy and not allowing those affected to cancel.

Agree. 

I used to enjoy smoking cigars and would have liked a location to smoke cigars that wasn't offensive to other guests.   SB shouldn't  tell people its no smoking then allow it or jeans at dinner for that matter.

Edited by RetiredandTravel
  • Like 5

• 7 months later...

I am just reviving this old thread as our cruise documents for an upcoming Norwegian cruise have just come through and they still state:

Seabourn Venture and Seabourn Pursuit:
We are implementing a “no smoking” policy on Seabourn Venture and Seabourn Pursuit, our two expedition ships, which includes e-cigarettes. Expedition travel visits many remote and rarely visited environments that are pristine, with diverse ecosystems and wildlife. We have implemented this policy to eliminate the possibility that cigarette butts and other smoking materials would end up harming the environment.

It appears that the 'policy' was put in place to prevent smoking related litter rather than for the comfort of other passengers. It would therefore seem a little strange to ban e-cigarettes which don't have that issue and this may have pacified  the vocal minority who complained about the policy.  

so have Seabourn given in completely? @markham  interested to hear whether Venture is a smoking or non smoking ship at the moment?

3 minutes ago, markham said:

I just checked with Guest Services. Smoking is allowed on deck 9 Sky Bar. I am trying to ascertain which side of the deck that might be.

Happy and healthy sailing!

Starboard?

• Thanks 1

Well just hope they aren't flicking their fag ends off the back of the ship 😂😂😜

I did think it was quite forward thinking to ban smoking (but not the e-cigarettes - that was a silly decision which probably back-fired). I will just have to drink my champagne medicine on the port side. @markham - thank you for checking.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Techno123 said:

Well just hope they aren't flicking their fag ends off the back of the ship 😂😂😜

I did think it was quite forward thinking to ban smoking (but not the e-cigarettes - that was a silly decision which probably back-fired). I will just have to drink my champagne medicine on the port side. @markham - thank you for checking.

Your comment reminds me of a dear 2nd cousin of my husband, who died last year at age 101.  Whenever we were at her house, she would first ask us if we needed something medicinal--meaning alcohol of course.  She was one of those women people refer to  as "Southern Belles".  Her charm, humor and hostessing ability is probably a lost art.  So yes, we will be ordering something medicinal on our Seabourn cruise.  

Edited by SLSD
  • Like 1

@SLSD I hope you and your fellow passengers will get time to post about your Norway cruise and what you think of the Ovation - all of our Seabourn cruises have been on Odyssey so looking forward to trying one of the newer ships. Have a wonderful cruise 😁

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Techno123 said:

@SLSD I hope you and your fellow passengers will get time to post about your Norway cruise and what you think of the Ovation - all of our Seabourn cruises have been on Odyssey so looking forward to trying one of the newer ships. Have a wonderful cruise 😁

I think several of us will be posting.  I will enjoy seeing other points of view---all valid from our different experiences.  

• Thanks 1