Cruising from Baltimore on Enchantment of the Seas on October 29 and Bermuda TA/Testing

sheets2003

Hi All, 
We're a large family sailing on October 29th to Bermuda. Since Bermuda has dropped the testing requirement, is there any possibility they may drop the TA? We're 9 of us so I was wondering how long is it safe to wait before applying for the TA? It's $360 for all of us and if there's a chance they may drop it, I hate to drop the $360 but at the same time, I don't want to wait too close to sailing. Is 1 week prior to sail date enough to get the TA approved?
Also, it sounds like Celebrity updated their website with Bermuda dropping testing requirement this morning so will RCL follow soon? I haven't ordered the proctored test because I'm really hopeful by the time we get ready to sail, RCL would have had enough time to update their site with the latest Bermuda requirements for no tests?

Edited by sheets2003

Everything I have read states that Bermuda is not going to revisit the $40 Bermuda Authorisation fee until next Spring.  😞  Availability to apply for it is 30 days prior to embarkation.  It did take us almost 3 weeks to receive approval emails.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

Everything I have read states that Bermuda is not going to revisit the $40 Bermuda Authorisation fee until next Spring.  😞  Availability to apply for it is 30 days prior to embarkation.  It did take us almost 3 weeks to receive approval emails.

Bermuda has not made a decision on a end date to the fee. It could end before next spring but if your sailing date is listed at 30 days before embarkation on the TA form for the fee, if October 29 is listed you are going to have to pay.  I doubt they will backdate. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, LadyBerard said:

That article is from January. On September 29 they said something different. And I know from an answer given at the press conference the agreement they have with the company that administers the TA has an early termination clause. So maybe it will go to March 2023 but it does not have to. 

https://www.royalgazette.com/health/news/article/20220929/ta-form-to-be-phased-out-but-no-decision-on-fee/

Edited by Charles4515
  • Like 1

While you can apply 30 days in advance, they don't process them until much closer to sailing date. I would probably be like you and wait as long as possible, hoping it might go away, since there is a lot of money at stake.  Early on when people were confused about needing it, some were processed very quickly.  Everyone used to have to apply with only 3 or 4 days before sailing until they dropped the requirement to submit a negative covid test with the application.

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, royal3 said:

Still no word yet from Royal Caribbean on testing. Since the only sailing/ship effected is Enchantment of the Seas October 29th sailing, guess it is not a priority to them. 

Royal Caribbean is not very professional. I would keep that in mind when considering future bookings. They are always tend to be  last minute.