Pre-booked Vibe passes

Captain-John

Here's a cracker. Pre-booked Vibe passes for 12 night Joy sailing. Sailing has been amended to 11 nights. Pro-rata refund for the unused day in Vibe? Not a chance.... the price for Vibe is the same regardless if it is 9,10,11 or 12 night cruise, apparently. Just so you know.

3 minutes ago, Captain-John said:

Here's a cracker. Pre-booked Vibe passes for 12 night Joy sailing. Sailing has been amended to 11 nights. Pro-rata refund for the unused day in Vibe? Not a chance.... the price for Vibe is the same regardless if it is 9,10,11 or 12 night cruise, apparently. Just so you know.

There’s no discount or “pro-rata” refund, as the price for Vibe for your cruise falls under the 10+ days pricing. You’re paying the same for 11 days as for 12. Our Panama Canal cruise is 15 days, and we’re paying the same as you. 

6 hours ago, Captain-John said:

Odd, irritating. Wonder if spa passes work the same. The beveridge package doesn't obviously.

No, the spa doesn't work that way, but it seems that after a certain amount of days a base rate goes up by only $10 a day. A 10 day on getaway spa is $329 and a 12 day it is $349.

I can't say that is all the time and reports of fluctuations in spa pricing have been reported. Some had it go from $199 in their account to $299 over the summer which leads me to believe the new 7 day amount is $299 and would be align with my $10 per day theory. 

Whether it's capped at some point I wouldn't know. Maybe someone who has a longer trip in their planner can tell us.

2 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

Way over priced for all cruise IMHO.  We had the Vibe back when it was first around and the price was a LOT lower.  Even then it was not really worth the price.  Now it is absurd to pay that much for the Vibe.

True, but it's usually cheaper for an inside cabin plus Vibe as opposed to a balcony. And there is no bartender on your balcony.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MoCruiseFan said:

Way over priced for all cruise IMHO.  We had the Vibe back when it was first around and the price was a LOT lower.  Even then it was not really worth the price.  Now it is absurd to pay that much for the Vibe.

Agreed, it's outrageous (what isn't with NCL these days?). But, we are hedging against not being able to buy (or bid) for an upgrade to Haven. The passes are refundable, so if we bid or buy into Haven, we can cancel the passes and what we've paid we get back and can offset some of our bid. If we lose or prices are too high, we still get to enjoy a bit of peace and quiet with our 'ordinary' cabin.

7 hours ago, cruiseinfoseeker said:

No, the spa doesn't work that way,

I thought not. NCL have taken the choice to shorten our cruise so I was suspicious of their logic that the price for Vibe is the same regardless of cruise length - as no other package/add-on etc. seems to work that way.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Captain-John said:

I thought not. NCL have taken the choice to shorten our cruise so I was suspicious of their logic that the price for Vibe is the same regardless of cruise length - as no other package/add-on etc. seems to work that way.

Free at sea works a similar way for us in the UK (and Europe, I think). The price goes up £50 per person for every 3 night increase in cruise length, so free at sea costs the same for 6 nights as it does for 8 nights. It then increases £59 for a 9 night cruise and stays at that cost for 10 and 11 nights.

6 hours ago, Captain-John said:

Agreed, it's outrageous (what isn't with NCL these days?). But, we are hedging against not being able to buy (or bid) for an upgrade to Haven. The passes are refundable, so if we bid or buy into Haven, we can cancel the passes and what we've paid we get back and can offset some of our bid. If we lose or prices are too high, we still get to enjoy a bit of peace and quiet with our 'ordinary' cabin.

BINGO..... My wife and I are on a 12 day on the Getaway. We are currently booked in a Spa Balcony. I also pre booked and payed for Vibe passes. Just in case we win a Haven bid we can cancel the Vibe passes. However I was told this must be via a phone call no less than 24 hours before sailing to get a full refund back to our CC