Questions about Reflection Alcoves

Angua

Hi,  I am looking for information about the alcoves on deck 15 on  the Reflection.

I have read past posts that the area is no longer quiet during the day because of the large screen installed at the lawn area.  Does anyone have any recent experience with this?  We are stopping in Nassau as our first port in December and I was thinking about getting one for the day, but if it is going to be noisy and not relaxing I probably won't bother.

We booked this cruise on a BCC offer so I want to spend at least some of the money I would normally spend on the cruise fare on some new ship experiences, just not sure this one is a good deal.

We’ve done them a few times since the screen was installed. The movies are kind of obnoxious. The app may show what times the movies play but I feel like it was every sea day. Our last time renting them they played golf in the morning then two movies in the afternoon so there was no escaping it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

We’ve done them a few times since the screen was installed. The movies are kind of obnoxious. The app may show what times the movies play but I feel like it was every sea day. Our last time renting them they played golf in the morning then two movies in the afternoon so there was no escaping it. 

Thanks,

I was looking at a port day, so maybe once Reflection gets back over to the Caribbean I will look at some of the dailies for those cruises and see if there are any movies scheduled.  It's unfortunate that someplace that could be restful and secluded was ruined by the screen and noise.

• Haha 1

Agree. Depending on what they are showing, it won’t be as quiet up there as it once was.  Last time we were in they showed a football game so it got quite loud with all the folks cheering. Not saying that’s a bad thing, but just need to be aware of what you may get.  Other times it was completely quiet. 

• Like 2

On 10/11/2022 at 11:07 AM, dcbiker97 said:

Agree. Depending on what they are showing, it won’t be as quiet up there as it once was.  Last time we were in they showed a football game so it got quite loud with all the folks cheering. Not saying that’s a bad thing, but just need to be aware of what you may get.  Other times it was completely quiet. 

This is good to know.  I will definitely take a look at some itineraries once Reflection is back over here and see if they have anything listed on the Nassau port days for the big screen.

It's disappointing, I would much prefer an area i was paying extra for to be quiet.

We booked the alcoves on the Reflection last year during a Thanksgiving cruise.  It was a sea day vs a port day.  But yes, the volume was obnoxiously loud.  They were showing football games (and I love football) but after about 2 hours of it - it was too much.  The morning was great though.

• Like 1

We also did the alcoves on the Reflection during Thanksgiving last year. I don't recall if it was a sea day or a port day, but I seem to recall that we were next to a Carnival ship so it was probably a port day. I don't recall it being super noisy until later in the day, when there was a football game on. I think the noise from Carnival (Mardi Gras, I believe) was worse than on our ship. But really, it was still super chill, and we liked it. I would absolutely book the alcoves again on the Reflection. 

• Like 1

We were on the Reflection cruise last Thanksgiving as well.  We did the Alcoves on a port day and all they played was a repeat/looping extreme sports video.  It got boring really fast.  Neither my DH nor best friend really appreciated what the Alcove was about.  

If you want to chill out in a quiet place to sit, the Alcove is for you.  I've done Alcoves twice and probably won't do that again.  It's a great experience to try.  

• Like 1

We do the alcoves when on the S class ships.  Really enjoy them.  No chair hogs to worry about.  Nice that they serve you lunch on request, champagne, bottled water , cheese and fruit platters.  If you want, you can also have bar service.  It is included if you have drink package, or you pay as you go.

We like the shade and quiet.  The only negative is that no pool or hot tub on the deck.  However just a short walk down  to the pool deck.  Sometimes we sit for a while in the solarium if we want a pool or hot tub.  However, last time we were in the solarium it was so noisy.  People were talking very loud and shouting so resting was difficult.  

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/11/2022 at 10:06 AM, Angua said:

Thanks,

I was looking at a port day, so maybe once Reflection gets back over to the Caribbean I will look at some of the dailies for those cruises and see if there are any movies scheduled.  It's unfortunate that someplace that could be restful and secluded was ruined by the screen and noise.

Where do you find the dailies?

9 hours ago, twtudor said:

Where do you find the dailies?

I haven't tried it yet, but from what I understand you use the app and select an active sailing, and you can look at the dailies while the cruise is ongoing.