Playmakers - Arcade & Games

We will be on SOTS early next year and we do not have a dining package or the DBP, we will have the refreshment package though. Four questions:

1.  Are there non-alcoholic beverage options (besides pop/soda)?  The online menu only shows 2 x No Alcohol beers available.

2.  Do we need to be seated at a table or have ordered food if the kids wanted to play the arcade games or table games like Jenga or Connect Four?  (We of course, would never hog up a table if people needed to eat)

3.  Do arcade credits work at Playmaker games as well, or only in the regular arcade?

4.  On the RCI website it says "Age Restriction 21+ from North America, 18+ from other places" - but I've seen pictures with kids playing games and eating in there, are children allowed?

TIA.

15 minutes ago, KeroTravel said:

We will be on SOTS early next year and we do not have a dining package or the DBP, we will have the refreshment package though. Four questions:

1.  Are there non-alcoholic beverage options (besides pop/soda)?  The online menu only shows 2 x No Alcohol beers available.

2.  Do we need to be seated at a table or have ordered food if the kids wanted to play the arcade games or table games like Jenga or Connect Four?  (We of course, would never hog up a table if people needed to eat)

3.  Do arcade credits work at Playmaker games as well, or only in the regular arcade?

4.  On the RCI website it says "Age Restriction 21+ from North America, 18+ from other places" - but I've seen pictures with kids playing games and eating in there, are children allowed?

TIA.

Can't answer the arcade things, but want you to know that the non-alcohol beer is not included in the refreshment package.   Same with NA wine.  

We definitely ate in Playmakers on Symphony in April of this year with our 3 kids under 12.  I don't remember seeing arcades in the restaurant portion. I could be wrong but I think it was one "door" over across from the merry go round.  

14 minutes ago, KeroTravel said:

Thanks everyone!  Would it be ok, to have a non alcoholic cocktail from elsewhere and bring it in with me while the kids play?

Yes. You can take any drink from any venue to pretty much anywhere on the ship. (One exception that comes to mind is you're not supposed to have glass by the pool for safety reasons, that's why the pool bar uses plastic "glasses").

Edited by OCSC Mike
  • Like 1

Just now, smokeybandit said:

Playmakers has a couple arcade game units in it. I wouldn't really call it an arcade though

Yeah, I realize that - but a change of scenery would be nice now and again.  I think my son, especially, will be in the arcade a lot.