Currently on Riviera Lisbon to Rome

clairol

Sorry to break in but you’re on the Riviera so thought you could answer questions for my sister.  Booked on Riviera and first time to Oceania.  Do they have room service?  Is there a charge?  Is there a buffet?  If in a concierge veranda suite, do you pay extra for TV movies?  

1 hour ago, mertziek said:

Sorry to break in but you’re on the Riviera so thought you could answer questions for my sister.  Booked on Riviera and first time to Oceania.  Do they have room service?  Is there a charge?  Is there a buffet?  If in a concierge veranda suite, do you pay extra for TV movies?  

Room service  24/7  no charge

Buffet  =Terrace Cafe

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/riviera/culinary-experiences

N/C to the movies  AFAIK

On 10/31/2022 at 10:04 PM, LHT28 said:

OH NO

Horrors  I have an Oceania lanyard  & have had reception punch a hole in my key card 🙄

I will now be mistaken for the great Mass market  cruiser crowd

The great ones  will be horrified

Due to the new lock system installed during the COVID shut down, they can no longer punch a hole in your key card.  If you want to use a lanyard, you will need to attach a plastic card holder to the lanyard to place your key card into.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CAG said:

Due to the new lock system installed during the COVID shut down, they can no longer punch a hole in your key card.  If you want to use a lanyard, you will need to attach a plastic card holder to the lanyard to place your key card into.

yeah that does not work  either

Had my card fly out of the plastic  holder thank goodness it went onto the pool deck below

I bought my mum an O lanyard with a plastic pocket that she used on her cruise successfully as she has arthritis and messing about in a bag or in the little leather holder was difficult for her. 

I realise they can look tacky but for some they makes things easier, and that’s part of what can make a holiday special for some. 

Maybe don’t look at how tacky you think someone is being by using something that you wouldn’t use, maybe think how they are using it to make their life easier. 

Or maybe, I don’t know, mind your own business and allow people to do what they choose as long as it isn’t hurting or hindering you. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

On 11/5/2022 at 5:38 AM, Robjame said:

Doesn’t that depend on the card holder? Our cheap one from the Dollar Store seals the opening once you put the clip on the plastic case.

Yes, I imagine so.  I've never had a problem with mine flying out or whatever, but if it's horribly windy, I'm likely to protect it so I haven't really thought about that possibility.  I notice that Staples sells a pack of 5 or 6 plastic card holders that are the size I like (around size of credit card, no larger). I don't remember if they have a plastic seal (like on some baggies) but since I haven't needed that so far,  I figure I'll go there if and when my card holder needs to be replaced. 

• Like 1

On 10/31/2022 at 4:43 PM, shepherd really said:

My wife was a Social Worker who also worked in Special Education. 

They are proof that angels walk among us.

Angels DO walk among us, that is for sure. Raising a child with special needs has been challenging but it has also put on our path extraordinary people who actually choose to work with that special segment of the population. Please thank your wife on my behalf!!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, ClafoutisFoodie said:

Angels DO walk among us, that is for sure. Raising a child with special needs has been challenging but it has also put on our path extraordinary people who actually choose to work with that special segment of the population. Please thank your wife on my behalf!!

I grew up with a sibling with downs syndrome. My mother was a fierce advocate for special ed back when Willowbrook was not a household name, but still a warehouse for this population.  I grew up understanding what the people dedicated to this calling were doing, and the lives that they positively impacted.  So, my thanks please to your wife as well.  We are very fortunate indeed. 

• Like 1

On 11/9/2022 at 5:11 PM, shepherd really said:

I grew up with a sibling with downs syndrome. My mother was a fierce advocate for special ed back when Willowbrook was not a household name, but still a warehouse for this population.  I grew up understanding what the people dedicated to this calling were doing, and the lives that they positively impacted.  So, my thanks please to your wife as well.  We are very fortunate indeed. 

Thank you for your heartfelt and touching message. You understand our perspective very well. Our son attends a day programme and swims with Special Olympics, where many of his friends and teammates have Downs Syndrome. Sharing their life really changes our perspective on life doesn't it...

• Like 1

Back to the room keys. As Kate earlier indicated we got the inexpensive ( cheap) blue plastic card holders. Going on and off ship, the magnetic readers read our cards , inside the card holders, just fine. The same was true for our cabin door.

However, the charge machines could not. So when paying for drinks, corkage, or anything else with the card, it had to come out of the cardholder. One can’t put their room key in a permanent sealed holder unless they never expect to ever charge anything once aboard.

• Thanks 1